• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Speedmaster Moonphase replica out there?

sishac

Known Member
5/2/07
Hi everyone,

I was at my local AD yesterday admiring some genuine Speedmasters...what a beautiful watch!!! I was wondering if anyone has seen a Speedmaster Moonphase rep? From what I have read, the major issues with the Speedmaster Pro reps are the misplaced dials (which I didn't initially see) and the display back. I've seen plenty of the Pro reps, but nothing for the Moonphase version (with a black dial)...anyone know if they are made?

Thanks in advance!!

who2R

Known Member
9/3/07
I never see one..... may be the moonphase function is too complicate to rep.

You are correct about the wrong spacing on the sub-dial as well as the incorrect case back.
I personally don't mind to have the display case back.... they are a beauty to see the movement.

sishac

Known Member
5/2/07
Thanks, I'm really starting to dig the Speedmaster Pro...After playing with one yesterday at the local AD, I was really impressed (especially because I finally figured out how to work the buttons).

Anyway, I'm awaiting my first rep from Ruby (Railmaster)...hopefully it will come soon!!!

This could be an expensive hobby!

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
Actually, Seagull is making a crhono with moonphase movement that is even used in some rep (Patek by example)

But, the moonphase is at 6 and changing it to 12 for the Omaga would be quite hard imo.