• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Speedmaster "MOON" watch help

x Dr Vodka x

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/11
UK
Just thought i would ask a very noob question ......
I am looking for a Omega Speedmaster “MOON “ watch for my father and i have been informed by one of our Trusted dealers that there are no good ones around anymore !!
Now i think that is brutally honest and he has earned a million brownie points after i asked him if there was a half decent version available and he replied “As it is going to be a gift to your father then I would say sorry no :(“

Now not giving up on the matter but does anyone know if this true ? and if not where can i get one from

slimslim

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/10
well i don't know. the flaws ( even on the good ones ) have always turned me off. but wow what a great dealer. have you thought about a speedmaster date? it's a great rep.

LHOOQ

I'm Pretty Popular
4/4/09
Now not giving up on the matter but does anyone know if this true ? and if not where can i get one from
Sad, but true: The Speedy reps available are fundamentally flawed. There's some modding you could do to improve their accuracy, but as Trusted Dealer told you, that's not something you give to your father.

It's still possible to get good genuine Speedy Pros for under $1500 on eBay. Less, if you get a Reduced. If that's still too steep, the Speedy Date that slimslim mentioned is a very accurate rep. So is the Speedy Triple Date, though there was some question about their reliability. I'm also not sure if these are still available.

ck6459

11/9/10
Just thought i would ask a very noob question ......
I am looking for a Omega Speedmaster “MOON “ watch for my father and i have been informed by one of our Trusted dealers that there are no good ones around anymore !!
Now i think that is brutally honest and he has earned a million brownie points after i asked him if there was a half decent version available and he replied “As it is going to be a gift to your father then I would say sorry no :(“

The moonies may be flawed but if you don't mind perhaps u can get a rep and have it modded such that it is more accurate. Good luck with your watch hunt.

x Dr Vodka x

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/11
UK
Why are you not disclosing the dealer's name? Being honest is hardly a negative.

i was not omitting their name on purpose, as the thread is not a dealer review i didn’t think it necessary. If you insist however the dealer is Angus