• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Speedmaster 'Moon' on leather

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
I've not long acquired one of my favourite 'suit' watches - the Speedy Moony. Absolutely love the watch, but preferred the look of a leather strap. Without letting on too much about movement etc. what do you guys with gen experience reckon in terms of replication? Also, how do you rate my rep/strap combo?!

DSC02340.jpg

DSC02341.jpg

DSC02342.jpg

Thanks in advance...

agrigoras

Getting To Know The Place
21/8/10
I'm looking to buy a gen myself, anywhere I should be looking?
I would prefer to avoid a bidding war on eBay if that's possible...

Houndoggie, is your moon watch FS perhaps? :D

houndoggie

16/11/08
I'm looking to buy a gen myself, anywhere I should be looking?
I would prefer to avoid a bidding war on eBay if that's possible...

Houndoggie, is your moon watch FS perhaps? :D

I purchased mine used on timezone forum about a year and a half ago. The best places is WUS or timezone. Use elitedealseeker website to search the watch forums for sale sections. I purchased the standard speedy pro then swapped the dial and hands to the mitsukoshi set up you see in the first pic.

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
I've not long acquired one of my favourite 'suit' watches - the Speedy Moony. Absolutely love the watch, but preferred the look of a leather strap. Without letting on too much about movement etc. what do you guys with gen experience reckon in terms of replication? Also, how do you rate my rep/strap combo?!

Thanks in advance...

It looks like you have a 21J version there since the subdials aren't far apart like the handwind ST19 version. I've had one of each, and liked them both. I actually think the quartz version of the Speedy is the most accurate rep if you can believe that. My ST19 needed a domed plexi to be halfway like the gen.

I love the Speedmaster on leather. I am currently searching for a gen model, and the ones with straps are selling for significantly less than those on bracelets (fine with me since I like it). Most gen owners put a curved-end Hirsch strap on like the Medici model. Like Mel above, I prefer the Speedy on vintage leather. Here is a picture of one of my former watches:

100_2741.jpg

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
I'm loving the faded brown leather look - you just need the jacket to go with it!

Yeah I have to say I was quite impressed with the quality of the 21J rep (good spot by the way) I acquired from Mark at TS. Only trouble is the subdials don't work properly but I can't say I'm too fussed. I'd love to see some pics of your gen when you get it - excuse my rudeness but how much are you looking to pay?

melswatch

I'm Pretty Popular
21/5/10
Actually 5oclubs and my watch are one in the same - I loved his pic so much I had a strap made to match! Only cost $39 from this guy: http://www.steveostraps.com/ He's great!

Another shot in the box...

omegas.jpg

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
I'd love to see some pics of your gen when you get it - excuse my rudeness but how much are you looking to pay?

I have been looking at good, clean examples of the Professional. The post-1997 models with the cal 1861 sell for a little over $2000 on ebay, and the older cal 861 models go for a little under $2000. However, when watches are sold with a strap instead of the bracelet, they tend to go for significantly less. That's what I have been looking for. I got within $12 of owning one last week!