• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Speedmaster Dream

sentosa

Horology Curious
24/11/10
:thinking:Well my 35 year mission finaly ended when i purchassed a replica speedmaster moon watch, I was 7 years old when my father told me the story of the watch and it first use on the moon. I had to have one.
Now ive had a original omega constilation and i can tell you , the problems , the cost of repairs , and all the worrie about looseing or dammage just could not justify owening a original. In the 10 years i owned it i only ever met 1 person who asked "Is that a omega".

Now back to the speedmaster. For me it gives 100 % satisfaction and i wear it even in bed. I got a cheep case opener on ebay and regulated the ST119 movement myself. It took me 3 goes to get it right. and how right 2.2 sec per 24 hours. Yes 2.2 seconds. .

Yes it has a few little flaws, The winder stem is a little sloppy, and the crown only screws in 1 turn to shut, but hey its $195 bucks, I take it to work , leave it in the canteen , who cares. A original $3000 , No way , .

Their is no other watch in the world of this design, It is a classic watch masterpiece. It has the classic, design of a working mechanical stopwatch
and the supper modern look that no other mondern day watch has come close to . It is a Commercial working instrument .

If it lasts me 3 years and thats it , Money well spent, the $400 service fee for my original omega looks pritty sick . ie Poor men should not own Ferraris and then complain about the price to fill her up with gas.

I get a real kick putting it on everday , And part of the great feeling is the no worrie strings attached . . Cheers everyone. Dean new zealand

68Olds

9/7/10
US
Welcome to the forum. Speedmaster moon watch is on my wish list as well. Pictures?
:ttiwwop:

Do you still have the connie?

sentosa

Horology Curious
24/11/10
Welcome to the forum. Speedmaster moon watch is on my wish list as well. Pictures?
:ttiwwop:

Do you still have the connie?

Yes i do, Its running , but it has not been serviced in 8 years .

and yes im open for it to go to a loveing home

waddster

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
I share the same rationalizing as you when it comes to the reason I prefer buying reps and not gens. Oh, and also that I would be bankrupt several times over if I ever tried to replace my reps with gens. Haha!