• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Speedmaster Apollo 11

pmagnet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/09
Speedy40th-1.jpg

I've come across this watch a few monts ago and i really like it. I wonder has anybody found an accurate rep yet? or has somebody already ordered one?

XysteR

Looking Around
6/1/10
I've not seen this limited edition speedy rep yet. Only the gold one. I dont like the gold one simply because there was only 69 made. The silver is more believable at 7969 pieces though. Ruby does a standard moony rep with see through back which is very nice if you can cope with the dial spacing problem.

The age old problem with the moon watch reps is deffo the dial spacing - Its all wrong and probably may never be put right. You can however imagine it to be a 'reduced' version but the 60 dial would be on the left i believe which isn't accurate. Personally i like the speedy date or speedy day/date. Much better reps imho

pmagnet

3/11/09
i like te speedmaster date too. especially this model i found on a scam site before i knew this site (thx RWI).
image.php

black dial with silver bezel... did it ever exist that way? or is this just a ceap and terrible rep from a scammer?

sl1210mk2

Horology Curious
13/7/09
I've got a rep of this watch.I like it although there are a few faults like the dial spacing is wrong.Be warned though there are three different movments a quartz, 21j auto and the laminia self winding.All 3 reps appear to use the same case strap dial etc,but each uses a different case back.The quartz has the correct caseback(i think)which shows the same image as shown on the silver dial insert.The auto uses the standard speedmaster caseback and the self winding has a clear glass back.The lumes not particularly good either.That saying its still a very nice watch. . .or I'am easily pleased.Would post pics but still got no camera yet.

alwayslate

7/5/08
I, too, am waiting patiently for the apollo 11. Seems to be a hard rep to make...accurately. LOL...does that word even exist in this hobby of ours?

pmagnet

3/11/09
yea, not so accurate.
the casback is cristal - there shold be the eagle emblem
it is 40mm - its suposed to be 42mm
the hand on top of the golden medallion should be gold too
the crown sticks out too far
and last but not least the serial number of the gold one is 00/69???
the zeroth of 69 made or what??