• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Source for a Orange Planet Ocean insert/bezel

bajere

Still New
20/2/08
Anyone know of a source for a Orange Planet Ocean insert/bezel??
(with a decent pearl and numbers, mine has an off center pearl)

Thanks

thecontractor

Getting To Know The Place
16/7/07
I am having the same problem finding a bezel. Hopefully someone will respond and give us both the answer.

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
thecontractor said:
I am having the same problem finding a bezel. Hopefully someone will respond and give us both the answer.

I think R2D4 has an Omega parts reference guide (I thought it was a sticky in this omega forum) maybe it is a sticky in the modification forum. The bezel insert is available through Ofrei I think..

thecontractor

16/7/07
I read a thread that stated a gen bezel was 1mm too small for the rep case. Has anyone bought a replacement from one of our dealers? How much? I tried two with no response.

vejaman

1/11/06
thecontractor said:
I read a thread that stated a gen bezel was 1mm too small for the rep case. Has anyone bought a replacement from one of our dealers? How much? I tried two with no response.

Gen bezel is too big for the rep case. If you can get your hands on a gen bezel, ziggy put the gen insert on your rep bezel. I had him do mine and I can't believe how good it looks! Just waiting now for my chieftang crystal to come back and I can get the whole thing put back together.

crick

Respected Member
1/8/06
i'm a little confused.

I'm the one that said the gen Bezel Insert didnt fit the rep one. I had 'em side by side and measured them. I did this because i read over on RWG it couldnt be done, but no one stated why. found out the gen one wont get pass the rep xstal. This is for the 42.5mm insert, not for the 45mm.

which size are we lookin' at?

and is this the insert we're talking about, or the bezel?

-EZ-

13/3/07
The 45mm gen bezel will not fit the UPO, so the solution is to put the gen insert onto the rep bezel. Funny, since at least one dealer has claimed that the UPO case was made 1:1. Sorry, dunno how it works for the 42.

rob_s

Still New
17/3/07
thinking about getting a 'new' rubber PO from PT...Ofrei do the bezel setup for $216 - anyone done a how-to for fitting the insert to the uPO??? :)

-EZ-

13/3/07
rob_s said:
thinking about getting a 'new' rubber PO from PT...Ofrei do the bezel setup for $216 - anyone done a how-to for fitting the insert to the uPO??? :)

First you have to pry the gen insert out of the bezel, which is held in there tight by friction. It can be hard to do without damaging the insert. Then you have to grind the tab on the back of the insert down so that it won't stick up off the rep bezel, which doesn't have the groove for the tab. Remove the rep pearl which is attached to the rep bezel. Then glue or epoxy the gen insert onto the rep bezel.

vejaman

1/11/06
rob_s said:

If you are comfortable with a little DIY, here's how you do it...

1. open case, remove movement.
2. pop crystal
3. send the whole thing to ziggy with your gen bezel and let him finish the rest. I can't believe how good mine looks!

Once I get my crystal back from chief and put everything back together I'll post pics.