• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Source for a GEN bezel insert for a UPO?

trevor2079

Renowned Member
2/5/07
Has anyone had any luck finding a source for a GEN bezel insert for their UPO? I'm not about to spend $220 on ofrei for a brand new complete bezel. If were were able to find one, where did you get it and how much did it run?

vejaman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/11/06
Keep checking the 'bay... I have gotten lucky on two occasions and picked up an orange bezel and a black bezel. When the owners of the gens get a little scratch on the bezel and send it back to Omega for replacement, Omega sends back the scratched bezel. I have found two people who don't know what to do with the bezel so they put them on ebay. I paid $120 for my orange one and $50 for my black one. Ziggy did my orange mod for me but I decided to do the black one on my own. I just finished grinding down the ridge on the back of the insert and am getting ready to cement it to my bezel. Definitely an easy mod for the DIY'er.

Also should mention that the scratches on mine are very small. On the orange one it is in the orange area but does not even go through to the aluminum and on the black one the scratch is only in the silver area. Definitely worth it to me to have a perfect bezel pearl with a small scratch than have the bad pearl found on the rep insert.

good luck!

Dario33

19/5/06
Are you able to install the gen bezel on the rep or just taking the insert off the gen bezel to install on the rep bezel?

Reason I ask -- I'm looking to change my black UPO into Pumpkin. :)

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
I got my Gen bezels off the 'bay as well... Otto seemed a bit steep to me.

And sadly, Dario33, the Gen bezel isn't a 1 second swap... the bezel on the rep is set up different from the gen. There is a ridge, as Vejaman stated, on the gen bezel that must be filed off before you spot glue it into the bezel of the rep... the entire Bezel construction is different, so swapping the entire deal isn't an option either.

Maxlove

29/6/08
I actually asked my AD today and spoke to the onsite repair guy....he priced one installed at $90. Ben Bridge has watch repairmen on premises.

Dario33

19/5/06
Intersting -- so are most people just swapping inserts or doing the mod to swap the bezel? Curious to know before I hunt on the 'bay for a bezel...