• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Source for 42mm PO bezel?

Monicker

Known Member
9/9/09
Hey guys, I've got a PO I bought from Fakemaster a while back and it has a really sad pearl and the bezel insert is in need of some attention. Does anyone have a source for buying a replacement bezel or insert/pearl for the 42mm A21j version of the PO?

Oh, also the second hand fell off a couple days ago. Any advice on resetting it properly?

Thanks!

Monicker

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Contact Fakey for all the above.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
You can buy replacements on eBay but they're not much better than the reps ones. Gen inserts seem to be only sold with the complete bezel assembly. O'frie's sells them.

If you're resetting the hand yourself you (obviously) need to remove the movement. With no real tools I would suggest using a 3M sticky note to hold the hand in place and a toothpick cut in half to push it down on the pin with. It's not too difficult.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I did... any other solutions?

Sorry to hear. I was on my iPhone and would have elaborated more in an effort to help.

If you are like me. (No small tool skills here!) :

Contact Katt or find a local repair shop. If you try a local shop use levelmanroger's advice. http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/how-find-local-watchsmith-50448?t=50448 It has worked for me very well!

As for the bezel/pearl, we are out of luck. IMO there is no 42 PO that looks good in that department right now. I originally was stuck on the 42 but switched to the 45.

Monicker

Known Member
9/9/09
Thanks KBH! I took a look on eBay and I'm concerned that they may not fit. Have you heard of anybody successfully replacing one with the eBay versions?

Great advice on the second hand! I'm not sure I'm quite brave enough for that yet...

You can buy replacements on eBay but they're not much better than the reps ones. Gen inserts seem to be only sold with the complete bezel assembly. O'frie's sells them.

If you're resetting the hand yourself you (obviously) need to remove the movement. With no real tools I would suggest using a 3M sticky note to hold the hand in place and a toothpick cut in half to push it down on the pin with. It's not too difficult.

No problem, I appreciate any help I can get.

I have seen several 42mm PO's that have serviceable pearls from Narikka and others. I could just buy one of theirs but I hate throwing away the $135 I paid for this one. If I could just get a reasonable-looking pearl and reset the second hand I would be happy.

I'm with you on the skills, I think I'll contact Katt and see what he says. Thanks again!

Sorry to hear. I was on my iPhone and would have elaborated more in an effort to help.

If you are like me. (No small tool skills here!) :

Contact Katt or find a local repair shop. If you try a local shop use levelmanroger's advice. http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/how-find-local-watchsmith-50448?t=50448 It has worked for me very well!

As for the bezel/pearl, we are out of luck. IMO there is no 42 PO that looks good in that department right now. I originally was stuck on the 42 but switched to the 45.

TheLoveOfBotham

28/9/09
I had a similar problem with a 4th gen PO, so bit the bullet and bought one of these off the bay. I also happen to have a 21j PO from Narikaa (I don't know if it's the same case as the Fakey one though) and comparing the two side by side, the 21j 42mm bezel is a mm or so larger than that on the 4th gen. The bay insert fits the 4th gen PO, but not the 21j.

I don't know if this helps you at all, but one thing I will say is that this insert is OK, not great, but OK. The pearl is still a bit horrible, but I'm sure that, like reps, is luck-of-the-draw, and I've certainly seen worse. Still, it's the only option we have without a whole gen bezel.

Monicker

Known Member
9/9/09
Dang! Well that definitely helps but is obviously not what I'd like to hear. I guess I'll either trash this one and buy one from WBK or see if I can buy a broken one that has a decent bezel.

Anyone else have an idea?

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Yep I bought a eBay insert and it fit fine but it was on a eta model, not Narikaa's.

aceman_1

Known Member
14/12/08
I bought a pumpkin orange bezel insert for my 45mm 21J PO off eBay. It didn't fit. I returned it, then bought a bezel insert from WatchEden. It didn't fit either, and I ruined the bezel insert trying to install it so I couldn't return it. All told I blew like $50 which is halfway to buying a new one, so I gave up and bought a pumpkin orange PO from Reg and have been super happy.

Keep the other one around for parts. People often ask for springbars, links, HE valves, crown stems, etc. If you don't need it someone else surely will in the future and they'll appreciate your parts and may throw a few bucks your way for your trouble.

Or, you could do what I did and tear the old one apart for education's sake. I quickly learned that I do NOT have the skills to put the hands back on. :)

Monicker

Known Member
9/9/09
Yep I bought a eBay insert and it fit fine but it was on a eta model, not Narikaa's.

Yeah, and I don't even know if Narikaa's is the same as FakeMaster's. Arrghh!

Or, you could do what I did and tear the old one apart for education's sake. I quickly learned that I do NOT have the skills to put the hands back on. :)

HA! Yeah, I'm pretty nervous to attempt the reattachment of the second hand. I guess if I screw that up then it's a good learning experience. I will say, it has made me start looking at used gen Omegas more than before. I know I can't get a PO for less than $2k but I've seen SMPs go for just over $1k and I think I could do that without the wife going on a clandestine retaliatory shopping spree. :shocked: