• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

sorry for all the kafuffle i caused *blush*

8o8

Do not accept unsolicited offers
17/3/06
Hi, just wanted to say i've joined and apologise for all the fuss i've caused elsewhere

Repmaniac

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
15/3/06
No prob. Things are a little, well, strained over there at the moment. Lots of really strange, disconnected posts. Some good people, though.

Oh, ya, welcome!

Bigshooter

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
8o8 said:
Hi, just wanted to say i've joined and apologise for all the fuss i've caused elsewhere

I know exactly what he's talking about, I invited him over here and he asked on another forum about us and some of the members gave him some grief about it.

No apologies needed, WELCOME ! :D

Cucumber_Jones

I'm Pretty Popular
15/3/06
No problem. I was amazed at how many people rushed to your defence at RWG. Looks like the newbie flame fest has died down a bit.

Welcome.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
Cucumber_Jones said:
No problem. I was amazed at how many people rushed to your defence at RWG. Looks like the newbie flame fest has died down a bit.

Welcome.
that seems to get started very fast. i have avoided asking questions because of that. i have noticed you can use the search, spend many hours looking, not find your answer, ask your question and get slaughtered. so much for being helpfull. and god help you if you have a complaint. just my observation.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
Bigshooter said:
8o8 said:

I know exactly what he's talking about, I invited him over here and he asked on another forum about us and some of the members gave him some grief about it.

No apologies needed, WELCOME ! :D
i read that post. i did not understand what the problem was. all he was doing was asking about this site.

Roeod4

Respected Member
14/3/06
hk45ca said:
that seems to get started very fast. i have avoided asking questions because of that. i have noticed you can use the search, spend many hours looking, not find your answer, ask your question and get slaughtered. so much for being helpfull. and god help you if you have a complaint. just my observation.

You won't have that problem here. The Flame-free zone allows you to ask any question you want and avoid any kind of negative feedback. And this is coming from someone who did a lot of flaming on the other forum. I leave my flame thrower home when I come here.

Besides, you won't get much off our search right now. :)

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
yes, i understand the search will not yeild alot of information on this site at the moment, that will come later, but when i search, i search all the sites i can find. i will spend days searching a subject. but the fact is if you do not find the information you were looking for or did not understand the information you found, you need help or clarification. on some of the other boards that turns into a problem. i have not had this happen to me personally because i picked up on this very quickly but i have made alot of mistakes and wasted a ton of money because of it. hopefully those days are over for me.

Roeod4

Respected Member
14/3/06
I know it has happened to a lot of people and I am sure that it drove wuite a few away froever.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
it has not drove me away for sure, i love this hobby, but it has cost me alot of time and money for no good reason and that is very frustrating to say the least. if i try to answer somebodys question or help them in some way i will just try to do it as truthfully as possiable unless they are just being stupid.

Roeod4

Respected Member
14/3/06
Stupid can sometime equal confused.

Everyone in the world is on a different level when it comes to understanding computers.

Some people have no idea how to turn them on and others can hack into the DOD main computer system.

After speaking to many people that were flamed, I learned that most often they just didn't understand how the forum worked. They had never been to one and they could not figure it out.

Now, the people that run in and try to order a "perfect" replica of a Rolex sub, like they are at the drive thru, are a different story.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
yes, i uderstand what you are saying and i agree completely. i think the bigest problem with them being in a hurry when they find a place like this is by the time they find us they have been ripped off and become so frustrated when they finally do find us they feel like they have been saved from the wolfs, they have been ready to buy for a long time so they immediately ask who's got the best sub. they haven't given any thought to the community. some people get angry about that and i understand it completely but i also remember that feeling of being saved. it was and still is wonderful...... and we still don't have a answer to that all consuming question...... or do we? i'm glad to be here, thanks guys