• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

something wrong with my UPO ?

p-lund

Horology Curious
30/8/09
i´ve just reciewed my UPO. the watch was running when i got it, but i haven´t wind it up yet. one thing concerns me : on a chrono movement, isn´t the center second hand supposed to be still at the 12 o clock position while the little second subdial at 9 should be running constantly. isn´t the center second hand only supposed to be moving when the chronofunktion is activated ? as it is now the center secondhand can point at 12, when the little subdial second han points at 3 o clock position at the same time. will they be synchronized if i wind it up, starts, stops, and resets the chrono ? then i was spinning it clockwise to add a little more energy to the rotor, and it sounds like there is something rotating inside. i have heard that the the rotor should be pretty noisy on these with A7750, but mine is silent. even my sub with ETA-clone sounds a little more. is there something wrong ?

TheCold

15/8/09
The watch you are reffering to is not the UPO but rather the Planet ocean Chronograph I presume? The watch itself runs on an automatic movement, hence it was already running when you got it. About the chronograph I have no clue what you mean :(

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Either two things have happened. It was shipped with the chronos running. So all you have to do is stop them. Or you don't have a 7750 so you can't stop them.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
did you buy a quartz model? please post a good picture of the watch.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
if it is the A7750, wind it up, press the botton above 3, that should stop the running counters and the reset with the botton below 4. That should make it.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Yes. If you have a 7750 movement, simply press the pusher at the 2:00 position to stop the chrono. Push the pusher at the 4:00 position to reset the chrono counters.
Wind the watch by swirling and then wearing it for a day or two.
The large second hand (chrono seconds) and small second hand (watch seconds in the small subdial) will never line up unless you start the chrono at EXACTLY 60 seconds.

p-lund

Horology Curious
30/8/09
yeah you were right. it was probably runnig during shipment. now i stopped and reseted it, and the center secondhand is where it should be so everything feels fine. btw i bougt it from a trusted dealer. thanks again.