• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Someone make my mind up for me...PLEASE

Tommy Tom

Renowned Member
28/11/06
Ok, so I've just taken delivery of a 4th Gen 42.5mm PO from Andrew. It's my first Omega and I'm a convert. The only problem is that my wrist is quite large and i'm not sure it has the wrist presence I'm looking for.

So my dilemma is this. Do I put it on sale and use the cash to get a 45mm or leave it....

I need the Omega experts on this as I know there are those out there who have had the same issue.

2.5mm doesn't seem like much more, but I don't know....any advice would be appreciated.

kinneyrhs

11/2/07
tomhirvin said:
Ok, so I've just taken delivery of a 4th Gen 42.5mm PO from Andrew. It's my first Omega and I'm a convert. The only problem is that my wrist is quite large and i'm not sure it has the wrist presence I'm looking for.

So my dilemma is this. Do I put it on sale and use the cash to get a 45mm or leave it....

I need the Omega experts on this as I know there are those out there who have had the same issue.

2.5mm doesn't seem like much more, but I don't know....any advice would be appreciated.

2.5mm is a big difference between these 2. I currently wear the 42.5 and think its perfect, but if it's small "feeling" on you I would definitely put it up for sale. Can get ETA Ult. PO for $218 (I believe) from Josh, or B9 may get some more in a about $188.

To me, either way you can't go wrong, but trust me on one thing, you WILL notice the difference..

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
I've tried on both size gens back to back and the 45.5mm PO is noticeably larger on my 7.5" wrist.

YMMV. A good suggestion would be to go to your local AD and try them both on.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
7 icnch wrists and above can do the 45 PO just fine.

Pug has a nice wristshot of his 45 on him, and i think he has... 7 inch wrists?

There's a notable size difference because 2.5mm more is not only just width , but all around circumference is larger.

like what peepshow said, goto an AD and try one on. The PO chronos should also be 45's if they dont have the 45's in stock for u to try on.

(edit: i said 6.5 but Nguyen down below corrected me :) thanks nguyen :D )

dvn

27/5/06
You need 7" or larger wrist to put on a 45mm PO because i have tired 45mm on my 6.5" and it looked way too big on me so now i have a 42mm and it looked perfect on my wrist now.

nietzsche

Known Member
9/1/07
I don't think tis totally dependent on wrist size, its a combination of build/wrist size. I have fairly slender wrists, but I thinkt the 45 mm looks good

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
If you have the wrist size go for a 45mm. No less...

tonibari

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/10/06
Here is a shot of my Ultimate on a close to 8" wrist:

pofireplacewrist.jpg

Not the best shot, but I hope it helps.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
YES !!!

Sell the 42.5 and get the 45mm

You will be much happier! You wont be satisfied until you do it. Trust me!

While you are at it, sell anything below 45mm as you will never wear them again......
Think I'm kidding, do it and you'll see what I'm talking about! :wink:

dtan888

Renowned Member
3/1/07
tomhirvin said:

i have the opposite dilemma, mine think is to big.. everyone says so.. so i am debating if should i get the 42.5 instead, my brother keep lagging on me to take over so..
PS: this is my wrist not my kids guys... no jokey on skinnny wrist.. :lol:

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Yes,, it's too big...

You are hereby ordered to trade with tomhirvin.

Commence in 30 seconds! 8)

dtan888

Renowned Member
3/1/07
daytona4me said:
Yes,, it's too big...

You are hereby ordered to trade with tomhirvin.

Commence in 30 seconds! 8)
yes mr. d4m.... :) :) if he wants it.. i am more than willing to do so.. :)

@ tomhirvin, if you want to trade with extra cash -- let me know if you have the swiss eta. I get mine also from andrew. ultimate PO 45.5mm swiss ETA movement.
PM me.. if interested and if yours is the swiss eta version, i am wiling to trade.

Mr. mod order has to follow.. or I get in trouble... :)

dtan888

Renowned Member
3/1/07
ok ok.. so mine is less than 7" wrist maybe even 6" .. girly hand, the rest pretty macho... :lol:

Still looks good on you Seraphe

seraphe

Renowned Member
9/10/06
dtan888 said:
ok ok.. so mine is less than 7" wrist maybe even 6" .. girly hand, the rest pretty macho... :lol:

Thanks! And hey, don't get me wrong. I wasn't implying any small wrist, just a comparison which size (42mm or 45mm) looks better on different wrist size.

I, on the other hand, wish I've smaller wrist so the GST Ti or Moonwatch will look better on me.

dtan888

Renowned Member
3/1/07
seraphe said:
dtan888 said:

Thanks! And hey, don't get me wrong. I wasn't implying any small wrist, just a comparison which size (42mm or 45mm) looks better on different wrist size.

I, on the other hand, wish I've smaller wrist so the GST Ti or Moonwatch will look better on me.

no no no... not saying anything your comment if any none taken, at all... I wish i have a bigger wrist... I think moonwatch still look good planning to get one actually (waiting for B9A to supply it).. You got used to bigger watch -- thats all.. I have movado (40mm) which not getting wrist time at all now since i bought the pam.. and PO and so on.. so on..
Once you go big -- cant back down.. :) :) I joke alot.. hardly serious. I hope my previous comment did not offend anyone :)
Check out my panny 2533 post (eyecandy section) .. I think somehow i still look better with that 47mm -- its really really weird...I think the PO made my hand looks way smaller.

Regards,
Dan

seraphe

Renowned Member
9/10/06
I agree... Once you go BIG, you can hardly back down to the smaller 38mm. I've even given up my gen speedy date to my wife.

Then when I think about it again, it's not about big or small for me. It's more about thick and chunky. I used to own a Tag 2000 Exclusive Chrono, which was the same 38mm but much thicker than the speedy, and I loved it more than the more expensive speedy...

I know it's weird...

Tommy Tom

Renowned Member
28/11/06
Thanks for all your input.

I've decided to keep the 42.5mm and get a 45mm as well. As my 42.5 is orange, I'm going to get a black 45mm or may plum for the 45mm Chrono - I am not too fussed about the spacing issues - it just looks great.

dtan888

Renowned Member
3/1/07
tomhirvin said:
Thanks for all your input.

I've decided to keep the 42.5mm and get a 45mm as well. As my 42.5 is orange, I'm going to get a black 45mm or may plum for the 45mm Chrono - I am not too fussed about the spacing issues - it just looks great.
aahh.. I was looking forward for a trade.. :) Oh well.. I guess i have to post it soon at the sales section. I only worn mine twice and went back to storage with all plastic cover attach back. Hopefully my brother not lagging again this week. really want that PO at my wrist.
@tomhirvin, smaller watch should be ok... just mine is way to big.. Yeah go for it.. go get the black PO

Dan

fifty6vette

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/2/07
My wrist is 6.5 inches and I can pull off the ultimate. The ultimate is also a more accurate rep. I think the choice is obvious :wink: