• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**SOFTEST thickest STRAP i've ever seen!! Peter GUNNY Straps

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Well i"ve never been much of a strap guy at all...

Ive been pretty much wearing Rolex's for the last 10+ years and always on stainless bracelets. My Pam127 is the first watch i have ever bought on a leather strap, but its a watch that i had to own.

Lets go back to 1997 ***

I got a modded Fiddy from Angus last year and its been a great watch.. I even posted a tutorial somewhere here on RWI about how to vintagize the strap.. sanding it down and soaking it in bleach.. more sanding and scuffing etc etc but no matter what i did the stock strap just looked the color of an old band-aid around my wrist.

Here is a pic of the stock replica horrible color strap. I couldnt even wear the watch is was so ugly.. yuck..

before.jpg

The i sanded it a bit.. getting better. Then dunked it in some bleach and this is how it looked after it dried.. better but still the color is ugly as fuck.

sanded1.jpg

And then.... my crystal broke

CIMG1223.jpg

So the watch went into the desk drawer.. About 6 months later it came back to life with a new saphire crystal but still the same UGLY strap.

Present day 2008**

A little while ago we added a new strap dealer here and i saw a strap that for the first time really caught my eye. There are a lot of nice straps out there but not many are done the way i like them. I like heavy vintagizing and wear on all my watches. I contacted peter and we discussed some options. What we decieded on was the new Caitlin 2 strap.. super soft and three layers 6mm thick.

Peter kept me posted on the straps progress and sent me some pictures after it was completed.

DSC00220.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

NOW THE TIME HAS COME.

I proudly present my Modded Fiddy.. with Peter Gunny handmade Caitlin 2 strap.

CIMG1303.jpg

CIMG1305.jpg

CIMG1306.jpg

CIMG1307.jpg

CIMG1308.jpg

CIMG1311.jpg

CIMG1312.jpg

CIMG1313.jpg

CIMG1316.jpg

CIMG1317.jpg

Any yes i know the one keeper is upside down but doesnt it look fuckken good that way? I think it looks sweet and a little more rugged upside down. I even secured it in place with a little shoe-goo silicone like glue. Now the keeper stays right where it should.

I reccommend Gunny straps 110%. i never thought i would EVER buy a leather strap let alone a custom handmade strap.. but WOW am i impressed. I cant even describe how soft the leather is.. just amazing!

Thanks peter.. see you again when i get my graham diver ;)

cheers
dizz

Ebola70

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/6/08
Looks great!!!

I'm considering Peter for my PAMS. I've mailcorresponded with him and he seems like a nice guy.
He says he can do whatever custom straps of you liking, just give him the inputs and he labourates with you.

Now if this is true in practice, then that will really give your watch a unique toutch .

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Like i said i'm not a "strap guy" and i had NO idea the difference a good handmade strap makes to the look and feel of the watch!!! its something you just have to see to believe. I am so impressed right now with this Fiddy. This strap just brought it back to life!

dizz

lan61t

Renowned Member
7/4/08
We share the same feeling, i think the strap is sooooooo soft, heavenly soft :)

I also wore the keeper on my vernon that way, i think it match the stitches and give a unique look.

I havent post mine, but will do it soon :)

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
now that is what i am talkin about!!!!! it looks smokin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
This guy impresses me more and more..

He's going to do a strap for my Skyland and I'm excited to see his work.. he's the shiz-nit for shizzle my Dizzle..

koster88

Known Member
17/6/08
Dizzy,
thanks for the Review. I'm SOLD. PM sent to Gunny. Hope to have one soon.

-Dave

petergunny

Trusted Dealer
9/6/08
daytona4me said:
This guy impresses me more and more..

He's going to do a strap for my Skyland and I'm excited to see he work.. he's the shiz-nit for shizzle my Dizzle..

D4Me, you know,... after you PM me about your Skyland I always think about it,... thinking the best strap design for it. It's a challenge for me everytime customers asked for something that I've never done before. I never make Breitling straps, and D4me's will be the first, let see how it looks like will be, I'm wondering how too [smilie=alien.gif]

koster88

Known Member
17/6/08
Dizzy said:
I reccommend Gunny straps 110%. i never thought i would EVER buy a leather strap let alone a custom handmade strap.. but WOW am i impressed. I cant even describe how soft the leather is.. just amazing!

Thanks peter.. see you again when i get my graham diver ;)

cheers
dizz

Dizzy,
Thanks again for the review!! I ordered one last night! I cant wait. Peter is a great guy to work with so far. I had a few questions for him, and he was so helpful.

-Koster

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
your gunna be so impressed. I cant even describe what they are like. Pictures just dont do any justice. These straps are a work of art.

What strap did you deciede on? and for what watch?

dizz

TA8088

SCAMMER
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
INMATE
28/10/07
That is now a sweet looking Fiddy Dizzy. That strap makes the watch. Impressive work by Gunny.

Rusell Price

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/11/13
Gunny... Simply The Best Maker in number one straps... I have four straps, one To one The Best of all my stuff (and I have more of 20 with different makers. Gunny Wins!

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk