• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

So many new POs

powerlifter450

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/2/09
Is there a reference guide to all the past/present p.o. reps? I'm seeing 21j omegas, 25 asian valjoux, swiss ETA, quartz. Then different stylings of the same watch.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
powerlifter450 said:
Is there a reference guide to all the past/present p.o. reps? I'm seeing 21j omegas, 25 asian valjoux, swiss ETA, quartz. Then different stylings of the same watch.

Go to my section (link in my signature). There is a guide to best Omega replicas.

However that guide only lists the absolute best replica version of each watch model.

No, there is no comprehensive guide of cheaper reps. There are hundreds of different cheapies. Most of them are seriously flawed visually, and the models come and go all the time... so keeping track on these inferior replicas wouldn't make any sense.

The only way to find the occasional good ones from these cheapies (there are some) is to "develop your eye", which means: read and learn.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Omegas were easier to shop for when the forums were full of "UPO" and "42.5mm X generation" threads. Also I jumped into things right when the "old factory" was closing (that's another term you'll hear for SMP), so I got one that has the he valve at the wrong position.

Right now as far as I can tell, the only omega replica made that is near identical to the real thing is the UPO. But I could be wrong and that watch might just be old stock, I don't know. I've been looking around on this forum for the past few days and it doesn't look like there has been much happening in the past 2 years for replicas of watches to get close to looking like the original. Maybe a hublot and a breitling, but not much else. Kind of disappointing, looks like activity on these forums as well as the replica industry has died down a lot since I joined.

Still, there are a lot of nice looking replicas made of every brand even though most have their own flaws. Only us people who have been on here for a while with a trained eye can tell, as well as some people who deal with genuine models.

Come to think of things, the very last SMP I read about that has everything in the right place is the chrono SMP. He valve on that model is right at the 10 o'clock on the genuine and replica model for some reason.

izebulon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/09
Here's a UPO from D4M. Couldn't be happier, this thing and a lovely PVD GMT from FM are stealing all my wrist time.

I should have shot the back as well, since the engraving is great, but suffice to say that if the ultimate version is still alive an well from what I can tell. It should be noted that these photos make the dial look more gray (a criticism I have read) than it actually looks in person.

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
the wife and i both have one, we love them.

dellhd101

7/3/09
nice shots PL!

it seems it's always better to see the wrist shots than the catalog pictures which can be filtered and enhanced.