• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

So how tight is the crystal in a V5 PO???

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
So, I went to the post office today and picked up my crystals from sunnydale.

I removed the bracelet, movement, and then TRIED to pop out the crystal. Needless to say that was a no-go.

Anyone else have this issue? What did you do in the end to remove it (beside a hammer silly)?

Or is there a chance that some of them are UV glued in? I got this from Lay just before he went off the rez, and I wonder if anyone else has experienced this issue with a PO from him.

Inquiring minds want to know.....

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Cloth on the crystal (from the inside), a thick pencil/marker on it, a hammer to hit the pencil/marker (a light hit will do the job) and crystal is out.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Some pop out with the slightest finger touch, others are like a dog to get out.

+1 on paps suggestion, the extra leverage helps alot. Another alternative is to use the crystal press to push it out. Find a flat round size size that fits internally, then on the bottom use one of the bigger square fittings to hold the case and allow room for the pop. Put a cloth over the inner crystal to protect the inner AR and press.

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Thanks for the suggestions, I think I will try the crystal press first since it is a little more gentle.

If all goes well I will get a pic up tonight with the new crystal in place.

lofi

Known Member
16/5/10
i usually just use my thumbs and a slip clamp to seat them back in slowly and evenly. very rarely i use the rubber handle of a small hammer to tap the crystal out from the inside. i haven't used my press in a long time.

grejfoku

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/1/13
My one also came out very hard and it had a gasket not uv glue.
I just put an erasure rubber on the table and than i put the case on it
And pushed it very hard and the crystal jumped out.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
The only time I've used the crystal press to press out is on a rare couple of occasions where it would not come out with anything else. In fairness the majority of V5/UPo are not so tight so are an easy pop with thumbs.

The good thing about using the crystal press though is it is very even push out and that helps keep the integrity of the gasket. And unfortunately those rep gaskets are important.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Stop what you are doing and read the PM I sent you. Please.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2