• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

So called Ultimate PO from Hont ... outch !

nicoved

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/09
Few weeks ago, I had to send back 2 Tag Carrera Racing to Hont, because one was broken and the other one fully unworking (yeah !).
Friendly, he sent me back 2 simplier watches that I chose : ULTIMATE PLANET OCEAN ...
In order to be sure of the quality, I sent him the links towards the great full review from Repgeek, RWG and Replica-Watch, with pictures and everything.
This morning I received what is going to be my VERY LAST order from Hont.
The watches, that appears to be nice, presents flaws regarding the wording.
As you can see on the pictures, the "co-axial CHRONOMETER 600m/2000ft is all wrong (size, placement etc ...)
It doesn't look as the so-called ultimate or for sure, the gen.
Please tell me what you think about it, do you think it's a "real" ultimate one ? ...
I surely don't want to send them back again because it costs time and money.
Thanks !

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Pearl looks like the UPOs, as well as the HE valve placement, caseback looks right too...I assume that it does have a Swiss movement?

avwbugz

Horology Curious
22/5/09
For some reason I can't see the pic you attached. I recently bought a PO in Asia. I think apart from the movement, AR coating (blue reflection) and the lum (dot located at 12 o'clock - sticks out rather than build in), everything are spot on though.. it would be interesting if you could share me your pics..

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
As I commented on RG, the text block is low, but the hour markers look slightly better than on the old dial.

These kinds of things happen with reps, and its not really Hont's fault. All dealers will likely be sending out the same thing unless they happened to have inventoried some old stock.

nicoved

17/5/09
Ok, there's no fault anywhere... I finally understand the purpose.
It appears to be a 6th edition ... which is a little bit flawly regarding the 5th ultimate one.
No big deal anyway ! Let's find a watchsmith to resize it now !

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
nicoved said:
Ok, there's no fault anywhere... I finally understand the purpose.
It appears to be a 6th edition ... which is a little bit flawly regarding the 5th ultimate one.
No big deal anyway ! Let's find a watchsmith to resize it now !

That's the spirit! As you have evidently learned the cookie crumbles in strange ways in rep collecting and geting too upset is just not worth the effort.
99% of folk will never notice the flaws anyway. Those that do are proberly from here :)

Col.

nicoved

17/5/09
trailboss99 said:
99% of folk will never notice the flaws anyway. Those that do are proberly from here :)

Col.
... or is probably the watchsmith i was looking forward to see to resize my bracelet ;)

gazumi

Renowned Member
21/8/08
You'll get whatever is being made by the factories right now. The only way to get exactly the wording etc you are looking for is to wait for someone to post that exact watch for sale.

Hont's watch looks good to me.

nicoved

17/5/09
Oh, hi,
Can't understand why some of yours can't see the pix ... I can see them from my computer :(
Will try to post new ones.
Regarding the price : 200 USD with stainless steel bracelet AND rubber one (well made).
Hont came back to me, he seems to be disappointed to and gave me his excuses ... that i understood.
So i guess the incident is closed, he's not faulty and like some of yours said, it's a question of factory.
The conclusion is that this 6th version seems flawless regarding some points but crappy regarding the wording !

If one of you have an idea to post the pix !

nicoved

17/5/09
I'm coming back on that post.
In order to repair the mistake, do you guys know where to find a rep dial with correct wording ?
A gen one is 220 USD, which is a little bit too much for a mistake I didn't expect ...
Thanks again