• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Snoopy dial for Speedmaster rep?

KenD

Known Member
30/4/10
United States
I have the Speedmaster rep that has the Venus 75/Lemania/ST19 asian copy movement and really want to "Snoopy" it up if that's possible.

Anyone know if the 21J dial and the caseback off the 21J model will fit?

I see the dial available on 21J versions of the watch, but none of the TD's have the handwind movement with that dial.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

--Ken

tracyl

22/4/11
Ken,
Unless someone here has done this mod, I'm guessing you are in unchartered territory. You'll probably need to buy a 21j snoopy model and try it. Do you know how to take the movement out and take the dial off? That is probably what you will need to do, and you can lay it on top of the st19 model to see if the dial holes for the hands will line up. If they line up, and the dial is the same diameter it may work. But you also may have a problem with the dial feet. On the st19 dial it may have dial feet, and on the 21j, I'm guessing it doesn't. So you would probably have to use dial tape to secure it. Not sure this is very helpful, just gives you some things to think about.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
And don't get the hands mixed up. They will most likely not be interchangeable as the movements may have different sized canon pins.