• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SMP Quartz

69monaro

Horology Curious
22/3/06
My brother-in law owns a Gen SMP (Blue) with a quartz movement. I have never seen a rep offered of this model with a Quartz movement. It would seem that it would be a good daily beater...Fairly accurate dial/case etc and the reliability of the quartz movement paired with the fact that a Gen actually exists. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

69 Monaro

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
69monaro said:
My brother-in law owns a Gen SMP (Blue) with a quartz movement. I have never seen a rep offered of this model with a Quartz movement. It would seem that it would be a good daily beater...Fairly accurate dial/case etc and the reliability of the quartz movement paired with the fact that a Gen actually exists. Any thoughts?
When you can get them new for significantly under $1000, it's not worth repping them. :D

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
If you don't mind going for a second hand watch, a Quartz SMP can be found for under U$700, excellent condition. Resale price for most quartz watches aren't that good.

ken72

Renowned Member
19/3/06
the quality of my gen SMP quartz is amazing. I purchased mine for just above 1k. A used one will cost you around $700 or less. Of all my watches it stills ranks as my favorite in the case.

meme

Horology Curious
11/5/06
I had a Gen quartz for over 2 years...if taken care of (ie not abused) it looked almost as new when I sold it (and it was a daily wearer). Clasp swirls, and some bracelt squirls where I desk dive daily, but was obviosuly very accurate, and of high quality.
Well worth it...no worries about setting yime if you leave it for a week on the dresser...I actually have a Gen Quartz full size with the rarer white dial, on the way...and got it for a steal off the unnamed auction site..