• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SMP Pearl

Hyster

29/7/06
I have an Omega SMP, the old one with the pins in the braclet.
I was never happy with the pearl,always thought it just looked wrong so the other night I decided to make one.

There is a cracking old post over at replica collector linked to By-tor's excellent "Complete OMEGA Seamaster "Bond" Modding/Adjustment Guide", what would we do without him.:D

So tools in hand headed of to the garage to see what we could do.

http://www.replicacollector.com/members/index.php?showtopic=18430&hl=pearls

Ok, not perfect by any streach of the imagination but I learned a fair bit from the experience and will have another go when I have more time in a couple of weeks.

omegapearl.jpg

Its way too tall but it acually looks pretty good on the wrist.

Another dozen or so cack handed attempts and I might get someting that looks half way genuine, I could buy one but wheres the fun in that?

JoJo35

Known Member
10/3/07
Nice job! I scratched my original, then bought one from Clark, and it still doesn't look right. Unfortunately for me, I inadvertantly destroyed the watch (IMO) when I glued the replacement insert in and some of the glue got between the bezel and the crystal (arg!)

Now it's a SMP Chrono beater!!! lol

LastDiplomat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/07
I've always been intimidated by the thought of making my own pearl. Nice job!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Hyster,

I was going to try that but I gave into spending 150.00 for the gen. Great job friend, Bravo! How did you lume it and seal it to look sapphire?

Hyster

29/7/06
R2D4 said:
Hyster,

I was going to try that but I gave into spending 150.00 for the gen. Great job friend, Bravo! How did you lume it and seal it to look sapphire?

Picked up some lume from ThumbModds (Top bloke) and used that to lume it.

MZ

Known Member
23/2/07
Wow, very nice job! Better then any pearl I've seen on any SMP rep out of the box.

thanks for sharing