• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SMP GMT

luckie

19/12/11
Playing around with my SMP GMT, added a gen bezel with silver insert on a Bond NATO.
DSC_0780.jpg

I kinda like the look.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Looks great.

It would be cool to put a black w/ white numbered date wheel. :thinking:

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Ted wicked lookin watch! It's great to see your finally finding time to put your 143 ongoing projects together :)

luckie

19/12/11
Looks great.

It's got a 2836 in it so that shouldn't be hard to find one to fit. I really dig the Silver insert against the gray dial. Makes it POP. Although it needs luming including the gen insert.
Rainy day around here today so I get to play around inside.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Looks great.

This is a cool combo. Blue dial and black date wheel.

poti4.jpg

luckie

19/12/11
I love Blue Omegas. I like the black in the blue as well. IN the SMP GMT a black date wheel with white numbers would match the dial markers and 24 hour indicators. Something to think about. If I go that far, I'll have to put on Gen Skeleton hands which I have, but no Gen GMT hand.

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
You have the black date wheels already. I'm pretty sure I gave you two, one which was a gen ETA.

luckie

19/12/11
Oh yeah I have the date wheels and that gen is in another project box, I could make it work, but if I tear it down that far I'm gonna want to do a lume on the dial, Anyone not tied up for the next year doing lume?
Need a few more rainy days. I was just playing around today. Turns out only a Gen Bezel fit and worked on the GMT, all the rep Bezels didn't. Odd. Probably should have shined up the watch before pictures, LOL

TripleHD

Renowned Member
15/3/06
You have the black date wheels already. I'm pretty sure I gave you two, one which was a gen ETA.

Are the black datewheels for an ETA 2824 or 2836 movement?

Ted - nice looking project. For more of a "pop", paint the insert numbers.

luckie

19/12/11
Are the black datewheels for an ETA 2824 or 2836 movement?

Ted - nice looking project. For more of a "pop", paint the insert numbers.

I have date wheels for both I think.
What color would you go if I decided to paint it, White? Black?