• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SMP from Silix

beefjerky456

I'm Pretty Popular
4/3/12
Having had a priceangels SMP 007 and given it as a gift, I am thinking that I would like another one :)

Having looked around at some dealer offerings I have settled on this one:

http://www.silix-prime.co/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2271

ome048.jpg

Main reason being it looks like the HE valve is in the right place, which is something the price angels watch did not have, but the dial is missing the white box around the date and lume marker at 3.

I have asked if Silix still has this watch, but am wondering what others think.

prb

Known Member
30/6/09
i'm generally less concerned about he valve placement than presence of (imo) hideous 007 markings on the dial. i much prefer the wave dial version and will gladly overlook he valve in favor of it. but to each his own.

beefjerky456

I'm Pretty Popular
4/3/12
i'm generally less concerned about he valve placement than presence of (imo) hideous 007 markings on the dial. i much prefer the wave dial version and will gladly overlook he valve in favor of it. but to each his own.

Thanks for this. I liked the look of the watch i had previously, but as you say, each to their own :)

My thought was that if the case is correct, at some point the dial could be changed as it is not accurate, but if the case is wrong, it cannot be changed later.

This is the only SMP case i can find that looks like it has correct HE valve placement and as it is a silix $69 cheapie, I am tempted to take a punt.

So i am looking for members views on the watch in general, but specifically the case, as having searched the forum prior to posting, it looks like a correct SMP case hasn't been available for some time.