• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SMP "electric blue" gen valuation q for the experts

pinkdolphin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/6/09
Ok, so I recently fell hard for this model and was very disappointed to hear that the only decent reps ceased production years ago.
I am considering a gen (quartz as hopefully will be cheaper) but have no idea how much I should expect to pay.
I'm guessing that there would be quite a demand as it's been discontinued? Am I right in assuming a lower demand for quartz?
I would accept a midsize too as being a lady, I have fairly small wrists.
Any opinions appreciated! :D

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
I'd watch ebay - I've seen several sell there.

My recollection is that they were going for just under a grand. You can also still find them at the AD for around $2k (I've seen a few there too).

EDIT: I just checked Amazon (you are looking for the 2265.80, if you want quartz) and they have it new for only $1,267.50 - I say JUMP!

[the 2255.80 - same watch in auto - is only $1,656]

Just know, if you buy from a non-AD and have any issues you will need to send it to the seller. Omega will charge out the a$$ to fix a non-AD watch.

smc

Known Member
24/9/08
2255.80 used - $1000 to $1200
Quartz used $800 or less

keep checking elitedealseeker.com or find one at an AD. Costco used to sell them so maybe you can find one that still has stock.

smc

Known Member
24/9/08
Oh, forgot to add...

This one is mine :)

watches11.jpg

D

d4m.test

I just saw what I thought was an amazing deal at a local non AD watch dealer the other day. They had the auto version with box but no papers for $1100.
They are in down town SD and I have bought MANY watches from them in the past. If you are interested in ordering one, let me know via PM and I will give you their direct contact info. It is a family owned business that has been around since the 60's.
T

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
Very nice!!! I get nice watch deals at Costco too [but I'll never buy the $20k Cartier they have every time I go]. I missed the Omegas.

pinkdolphin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/6/09
Thanks JMD, CBR and SMC (nice pic btw).
I have been scoping ebay but it helps now I know what things are going for.
It sucks that I'm in Oz though 'cos there is customs to deal with so might hold off on anything from watch dealers/amazon for the moment. :D