• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SMP Chrono - where are the seconds shown?

DrXenon

Horology Curious
10/11/09
I just received an SMP Chrono Diver 300 M. Is the big second hand supposed to move to show the seconds? Because it only moves when I activate the stopwatch. Is that the behaviour of the gen?

There is a dial at 9 o'clock that seems to be showing seconds.

Sorry if this is a dumb question; I am new to replicas.

acharria

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/10/09
Welcome to RWI.
Tell us what you bought, i mean where, what movement you ask for?
Reps come in different movements and prices. So, i can´t tell you how its supossed to work if i dont kñow what they offer to you.
Bye

XyKo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/6/09
The big second hand is only for the stopwatch. If it's an A7750, then at 9 is your actual time second hand.

DrXenon

Horology Curious
10/11/09
Thanks Xyko. Is this true to the gen?

Man, those pins were hard to get out of the wristband. I thought they were screws for the longest time.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
The large second hand is for the stop watch. The small subdial at 9 is your watch running seconds. This is true to the gen.

BUT... unless we see pics I gotta say that you're a lying SOB and you have no watch!! :biglaugh:

DrXenon

Horology Curious
10/11/09
I'm not thrilled about the position of the pearl.
smpchrono12.jpg
smpchrono2.jpg
smpchrono3.jpg

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Pearl location looks fine to me - but the bezel appears to be set 1 click to the left. Try rotating the bezel counter-clockwise until the pearl comes back around in line with the 12:00 position and see if it doesn't look better.

DrXenon

Horology Curious
10/11/09
It does look better now that I've rotated it, thanks! There is still a slight off-centredness of the lume, but for $250 delivered I'm not complaining.

I was in Houston a few months ago for the rodeo - you Texans are some of the friendliest folks I've ever met.

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
looks great mate! and yes it is true to the gen with regards to the big seconds hand only moving when you activate the stopwatch

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
It does look better now that I've rotated it, thanks! There is still a slight off-centredness of the lume, but for $250 delivered I'm not complaining.

I was in Houston a few months ago for the rodeo - you Texans are some of the friendliest folks I've ever met.
Did you ride the Broncs, or the Bulls? Did you stay in the saddle until the buzzer?? Did you place in the standings?
C'mon... give us some of your Rodeo details!!

DrXenon

Horology Curious
10/11/09
Hee. I drank a Texas-sized Shiner Bock at the concession stand. Mutton busting is more my speed.

This is my second rep; now I need a good winder! There's one at my local costco for $100, but you can't adjust its speed.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Last time I was in Texas some bastard cut my tie off. Not very friendly from what I could see.