• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

smp chrono from trevor

tokeyx

27/3/11
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they all come from the same factory?

Targa

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/10
I bought the tri compax version (subdials at 3/6/9 and it is AMAZING...also was cheaper )
With the decorated rotor and two piece case back and the lume is really good you will never get called on this one! You definitely want to check with Trevor as his description says "Chrono Functions: Hour at 6, Running second at 9, Minute at 3 position"
which is the Tri Compax version and not the SMP he is showing in the link you provided...frankly I like the 3/6/9 version better..
After a few years the crown thread stripped (common problem on many reps) and it is now being repaired

SMP Chrono is highly underrated and IMHO a must have together with the Breitling Navitimer.

68Olds

9/7/10
US
Actually RM has had the same watch in blue or black on sale for $208 for a while. Great looking watch & a great deal for that movement. I wonder if a new version is on the horizon prompting the sales of these models.

AHX

Renowned Member
3/12/10
Where did the name Tri Compax come from?
I just bought this watch from Lay but I haven't heard that term before.

68Olds

9/7/10
US
Tri Compax dates back to the 1930's. It was the name of Universal Geneve's chronograph movement.

ninja

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/12/10
so is trevors smp the same as the more expensive ones sold elsewhere? is it the same one you got AHX