• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SMP Chrono Diver - Dial Indices removal

smithy37

3/2/09
Hi All,

I am about to send my watch away to Domi to have some remedial work done to it (namely the stripped crown/tube). Anyway I figured I might as well get a re-lume along with a service and waterproofing. However, he only relumes if the indices can be removed. As I have never had the back off, I was wondering if anybody could tell me if they can be removed or not.

It is the newer version dial with the red writing and the front dial has silver surrounds that look like removable indices, unlike the older version which just has painted dots.

If they cannot be removed then I have a plan B. I have a second hand original Omega SMP Chrono dial (the old style with white writing instead of red) that he can just swap over. However, I kinda like the newer style dial and the old style isn't in totally perfect condition.

It would be nice to know this information before I post the watch to him so I know whether to send the original dial or not.

Link to pic of watch I am talking about
P1000143.jpg

Thanks

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Those newer ones should pop right off. I went to see the Black gen a few weeks ago, it had blue lume like the newer black bond watch, in case you need to know. :) I didn't see the blue dialed watch to see it was green though. I would check that out before he re-lumes. Good luck.

smithy37

3/2/09
Hi R2D4,

Thanks for the amazingly quick response. Blue sounds good, but that would mean reluming the dials. Damn this hobby, it is a great way to spend money.

I will check out a gen at an AD before I decide what colour Lume to go for.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Good call on checking it out. Your welcome. Good luck.

smithy37

3/2/09
Good call on checking it out. Your welcome. Good luck.

I am happy to say the blue faced version has green lume & the black faced version has blue. You can even see the difference in the daylight, the hour markers have a white'ish tint on the black face, whereas the blue faced markers have a greenish tint.

Thanks for the heads up!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Cool, I thought as much. I think the green C3 they use is stronger and lasts longer. I am getting the black rep soon but I might just leave the lume as is.