• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SMP Chrono Crystal Replacement-Krysworks

ehfour

Known Member
6/4/09
Looking for a replacement crystal for an inbound SMP Chrono

Based on some research I've done, the size would be 30.5 by 2.5mm.

Has anyone replaced their crystal with one from Kyrsworks.

If so, how was the clarity and A/R of the crystal?

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Personally, I have not tried them but I have tried the wholesale outlet version for the non-chronograph. Due to my rep being 2824 instead of the 2892(gen) it was too thick for the rep case. So I would imagine if the Chronograph, being a 7750 in gen form, your chances are good if they have it available.

ehfour

Known Member
6/4/09
Personally, I have not tried them but I have tried the wholesale outlet version for the non-chronograph. Due to my rep being 2824 instead of the 2892(gen) it was too thick for the rep case. So I would imagine if the Chronograph, being a 7750 in gen form, your chances are good if they have it available.

Thanks R2D4

I've heard some positive and negative feedback about wholesale outlet, how was the A/R on the crystal? Really Blue?

ehfour

Known Member
6/4/09
Just called and confirmed that an Omega Chrono SMP (Specific)

30.5 mm X 2.5 mm sapphire w/single sided A/R is $69

believer123

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/10
I am sorry, please excuse me. I have my first SMP Chrono, why would you change the crystal?

ehfour

Known Member
6/4/09
I am sorry, please excuse me. I have my first SMP Chrono, why would you change the crystal?

I have a V2 that has no A/R, and was trying to see if replacing a crystal from Krysworks w A/R would be a cheaper alternative than sending it out for A/R

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Eh, the AR on the Seamasters is nothing compared to the Planet Oceans. I recommend Takashi's colorless AR coating for the Seamasters. Wholesale outlet AR coating is just as shitty and non-existent as my gen seamasters. :lol: In fact, I am sending Taka a wholesale outlet crystal soon for a Double Dose of his magic. See the pic of his work. See my gen Omega in the second pic.

IMGP5656.jpg

IMAG0137.jpg

Bottom line, if you want a gen look you will be ok with anything single or not coated at all. If you want to actually enjoy your watch have Taka coat it.

ehfour

Known Member
6/4/09
Thanks R2D4

That's exactly what a remembered about my the SMP that I had. Like you, I like to be able to see the dial...off to send taka an email

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Agreed, Taka's AR is well worth the money.

I have a sapphire crystal for sale by the way (no AR though) .