• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SMP bracelet problem

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
Right, I've been scouring the forum lloking for a how to resize the SMP Pro bracelet without killing the screws.

I've tried thin machine oil, heat, aswell as all sort of drivers but I cant get the damn screws out!

Help!

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
Try a watchsmith.. this is what I do with every Omega bracelet.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
CRK said:
Are you sure they are screws and not pins?

Yes they are screws, as i've already removed a couple of links from one side...

paulV

4/11/06
I recognize the problem...same here :( Have already removed some on
one side, but the other side....won't work...
just 1 link to remove and it would be perfect ! [smilie=icon_thumleft.gif]
will try again tomorrrow....

Highflyingclive

15/3/06
I had exactly the same problem with my SMP 300m GMT... exacerbated by the fact that I have palendromic rheumatism which has left me with with very little strength in my hands.

Here is my solution to the problem:

clamp.jpg

OK - a miniature g-clamp would work just as well as my tool-makers clamp. You just need to attach something that will allow you to get a good grip on the srewdriver, so that it doesn't slip and bugger the slot in the screw.

It makes sense to take a sharpening stone to your screwdiver first, in order to ensure that it is a good fit in the screw.

Tthis cheat enabled me to shift the threadlocked screws in my Omega SMP - despite my rheumatism.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
Thanks for the tips guys, but I managed to crack it - literally!

I prised apart the remaining links, binned those and refittted the spare.

Now I have a perfect fitting bracelet! :)

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
i have had the problem to find loctite glue on the screws of my Omega seamaster that i have had for 3 years,
i killed several fine screwdrivers....i can never understand why someone can put glue on those very fine threads....always a pin in the butt !! sometimes it helps to heat them up with a professional heat fan....
also i soaked the band in liquid wrench before...and i could open the bolts.