• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SMP bracelet pin links. Removal?

paulbrichter

29/3/11
I have no idea what I'm doing. Usually I take my watches to local jeweler and they take care of it for me. This is my first SMP and it seems to be similar to a rolex because the pins appear to be screws but from what ive read they're supposed to be push pins. I do not have proper pin remover tool but I've got plenty of other tools to work with. Looking for some advice or insight from my great friends here. Thanks all!

View attachment 637

View attachment 638

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Pins need to be driven out from the side that they are solid with a small punch. The side that looks slotted is actually split, kind of like a reverse cotter pin.

eta- what I am trying to say is the pins exit the bracelet from the "split" side. Hope this helps.

Targa

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/10
lOOK ON THE BACK OF THE BRACELET, SOMETIMES THE LINKS ARE MARKED WITH ARROWS ..THATS THE DIRECTION THEY GO OUT FROM, ALSO DONT LOSE THE LITTLE TUBE THAT FITS INTO THE LINKS or the pin wont stay in

A little hammer and a small pin punch are all you need