• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SMP 300 Chronograph from TDs

ratpatrolteam01

Renowned Member
Certified
10/12/10
Hey guys. My hunt for the SMP 300 is over (right now any reps, I gotta sell the SMP 300 21j I just got right back because of funding problems) but I want to know something heh...

Are the SMP 300 chronographs currently available from TD's any good? From reviews (I couldn't find much) only thing that seems to stick out is the datewheel or the second hands (It also looks like the counters on the 5 second interval markers, there should be 2 on left + right side rather than 3 (which is correct for non-red seamaster chronographs).

Can anyone point out the flaws please? Thanks!

alucard666

I'm Pretty Popular
14/1/10
- pearl is not the right size
- dw font is wrong
- AR is not very good
- lume is not as good as ten
- bracelet finish is not very smooth
- engraving on clasp is not as deep as ten

All that said it is an amazing rep. The overall weight, finish and dial are excellent.
I replaced the insert for pearl on my own and had the dw and ar done by vac. It was one of my fav reps and I still regret selling it.

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
As per Mr.Pap (he is doing an ultimate franken see his thread) the case seems to be replicated very well cause he said it literally is a straight swap with gen parts, meaning it could take gen parts without the hassle, otherwise water resistance had been proven to reach up to 200m, there is also a thread for that water resistance watch mod!