• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Smp 2254.50

Digitaldorifto

Known Member
18/2/12
The dial on that one looks pretty good. Hour second and min hands all are too short. Bezel numbers are too fat. Overall it looks pretty good. You can fix all those things with gen parts. Here's a pic of my gen. BTW I have a complete gen 2254.50 bezel for sale if you decide to build a Franken pm me if interested.
6a1a7b12.jpg

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
This is a lousy rep you linked to, IMO. I own a gen, too:

P1010161.jpg

Hands are too short (as stated), crown and crown guard are wrong, bezel insert is misaligned, pearl is crappy.

But if you like it, that's all that matters, so buy it.

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Heres a few quick photos of my franken 2254. I took a slightly different approach with the dial. I always liked the design of the stock 2254 dial, but prefered the chrome logo + raised markers so I went with the non AC dial...

1. Closed factory case
2. Gen dial
3. Gen hands
4. Gen bezel
5. Gen rubber strap
6. Gen crown + tube
7. ETA datewheel
8. ETA 2824

photo1dyw.jpg

photo2etz.jpg

photo3mva.jpg

photo4ni.jpg

photo5hh.jpg

photobe.jpg

clashboy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/6/12
Luptech,
Have you looked at these? http://www.1-pc8838.com/0omse00051-planet-ocean-ssss-swiss2824-pi-9522.html?image=0
Just a little bit more expensive. I'm not a seller; nor, connected with any sellers, just trying to help you pick the best as I've been looking for a Seamaster as well. This one is the Seamaster I'm strongly considereing.
Don't know what the fellas might think of the one I found, maybe the "guys" could give you some feedback about the one I was considering (the link above).
Anyway, good luck!! It's a classic. i'll be interested to learn about which one you will buy. Exciting!!!
-clashboy

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
I think even the best 2254.50 reps fail to do it justice. I bought the 21J version from Watcheden and replaced the crystal - it looked okay but I decided to save up for the gen. Mind you prices have been steadily increasing since they were discontinued in 2009. I've seen good condition versions going for $2K+. Oucho

clashboy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/6/12
Tommyboy,

Thanks, I'm checking it out. Any help is always appreciated.

Boneventura

Known Member
16/12/11
Got this from TripleHD a few years back. It had a metal insert at the time and I added some mods. Now:

Gen dial
Gen hands
Gen HE valve
Gen bond bracelet
ETA movement
Chiefs Double AR

wristshot.jpg

wristshot2.jpg

luptech

Horology Curious
12/6/11
Thanks everyone for the input and pictures. Those are some nice farkens. As suspected this doesn't seem to be a good out of the box rep. I think I am going to bite the bullet and get the gen (probably the quartz (2264.50) though).