• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

skeptical of eBay seller

auslander

18/2/11
Check out this eBay sellers store. These seem a little shady. For starters the pearl on a few of them are incorrect as well as the teeth on the bezel (i dont have my gen 42mm in front of me to tell). I dunno... I dont mind them being reps but dont care for them being passed off as gen. The people bidding might not have a clue.

Their XL PO looks nothing like the gen on my wrist and more like my rep at home.
What do you all think? Am I overreacting?!

http://stores.ebay.com/YurRomeo1s-Watches?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Aus

auslander

18/2/11
I agree! except i cant help but feel sympathy for the 'lambs to the slaughter'.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Nope I think you are right, the first, PO 42mm I've looked at so far and it's most certainly iffy, looks can be deceiving at times depending on pics but these look off, nice catch!

However the 2nd PO 42mm looks gen??

The third...the 45mm, looks like a franken of sorts?

Inushuk

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/10/10
All rep .... ! and some are really bad ...

Better models can be find at all our prefer dealers ... Puretime MR RM WE Perfect etc....

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I don't have sympathy because people are just dumb. If something is too good to be true, IT IS. Ebay is a mine of fake and stolen merchandise. There are deals, but there are even more land mines .

auslander

18/2/11
The 2nd one is a gen, right crown, He, bezel, Case, dial, hands, Caseback etc.....or a very complete franken!

This one I mean?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Omega-Seamaster-Professional-Planet-Ocean-42mm-2901-50-/230637019340?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item35b309a0cc

yea that one looks good but without a movement pic i'm calling shenanigans. how does this guy have 100% feedback?! some of those look awful!

so this is what the guy responded to my with; i asked if there were any other parts that werent original besides the bezel insert:

"Hi sir,

How do you know the bezel on this watch isnt original? I received it like this and it looks correct to me but I will definitely look it over once again to make sure... The strap on the watch is not an Omega strap, only the depliyant. The strap is unmarked as it is an aftermarket replacement but looks nice.

I dont have a picture of the movement but I can definitely provide one; I opened it when I received it and I know it is all correct inside with matching numbers. I will be adding one at some point today.

Finally, the watch only comes with what you see pictures.

Thank you and looking forward to your reply.

Best-
Ron
"

Really?!!? How about this; they dont look like whats on Omegas website for starters!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Hmmm! Yep, he's pulling a fast one, if he does post pics of movement, it will no doubt from a gen watch as an example, just to fill in. It's fairly obvious the PO's are seriously off, as you say the 2nd is possibly franken built around a rep movement. He knows what he is doing!

It's strange as the speedy is gen, so he obviously has a portion of genuine watches for sale, it's a common ploy....throwing in a franken or an obvious rep now again with his other gen sales means the reps probably go fairly unnoticed....very sinister!

auslander

18/2/11
yea, totally. "I'm selling all these used watches yet have no idea if they're real or not." I wouldnt mind one for a couple hundred though, quiet is kept... especially the 2nd franken one.

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
254/440 of his positives are as a buyer and it appears he is buying some of his Omega/Omega related items outside CONUS. He's appears to be doing a lot of flipping. One ad he bought from (Moon Watch) even had a serial number listed in the ad description - Omega Speedmaster Moon Watch ad on eBay