• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sinn - UX repped (?)

Meta4

Renowned Member
26/4/09
Noticed one of the non-recommended sellers offering this ...
SINN UX SS SWISS ETA 2836 AUTOMATIC
Best Replication in this year ! Made with A Genuine watch as Ref. Completely stripped down for this replication exercise...Parts completely interchangeable with Genuine Watch
Model : SS Case, Sandblasted Finish, Black Dial, Lume Sticks Markers, Rubber strap (AntiDust/print) with Diver Extension Single Fold Deployant Clasp, Unidirectional Diver Bezel
Note : Case size is 1 : 1 Exact Replication as per the Genuine.
Movement: Swiss Eta 2836-2 Automatic Movement, 25J, 28800bph
etc etc

The pic looks good .... but is it April 1st?

Because the gen is a QUARTZ watch!!!

beaker-king

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/4/09
I hear you. What's with that?
You would think they could make it cheaper with a quartz movement. Go figure.

steve12345

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/9/06
What i love it the advertising by some dealers. They says :" the gen watch was meticulously disected and the rep parts are the exact same as the Gen etc".

The rep makers must have been drunk when they did the above as the Rep is automatic and the Gen is quartz.

I don't mind quartz and they should offer it in quartz but charge the price a quartz cost such as $ 80 less than the Swiss ETA (i don't believe it is the real ETA) hee hee.

I own the Rep SINN U1 with the "Swiss ETA" and love the watch other than the fact the date wheel is "rough" around several #s or dates and I have to back wind it to get past the rough spots. (QC problem again) but still works.

The Clasp broak and the ruber strap is unuasble. I ordered a velcro nylon and a loso a Thick Rubber two piece strap so that solves that. Not sure which one I will use long term. the part that broke was the "PIN" that hold the claspt shur. It is hollow and not made well and it will be a mtter of time till you see others with the same problem.
A rep is a Rep so I don't get made anymore. I decided if I am going to get pissed off then I should simply by nice Gen instead.

Steve