• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sinn U2 PVD order from Hont. Great!!!

russtang

14/8/06
First order from Hont since I had heard great things about him. Communication was excellent and prompt. He sent me a picture of the watch I requested and sent it next day! Took less than a week to get here and I am very pleased.

I picked up the cheap version (asian 2813), but this thing feels anything but cheap. Heavy, but extremely comfortable, along with nice AR on the sapphire crystal.

Thanks Hont! I'll be doing business with you again soon... :)

SinnU2.jpg

DonBrizzel

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/8/09
Very nice indeed! You got yourself a good watch there!

tohami1966

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/1/09
nice and elegant taste Russ..... really it looks nice
enjoy it :cool2:

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
First order from Hont since I had heard great things about him. Communication was excellent and prompt. He sent me a picture of the watch I requested and sent it next day! Took less than a week to get here and I am very pleased.

I picked up the cheap version (asian 2813), but this thing feels anything but cheap. Heavy, but extremely comfortable, along with nice AR on the sapphire crystal.

SinnU2.jpg

That watch has a crystal? You sure? I don't see a crystal. :cute:

Nice watch, great dealer. Well done!

russtang

14/8/06
Thanks for the comments all. One thing I didn't mention, it's keeping awesome time right out of the box. +8sec/day for the last 3 days! :wideeyed: First automatic I haven't needed to regulate...and it's also the cheapest. Nice!

That watch has a crystal? You sure? I don't see a crystal. :cute:

Nice watch, great dealer. Well done!

Hehe. If you look closely you may catch a glimpse of the AR between 2 and 3 O'clock. :)

Hont will soon have himself another repeat customer...

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
Congrats. I just ordered the normal version. Black looks very nice, should have gone for that ...

Dr.Verylong

REXN

Horology Curious
12/7/09
The black looks great, I have the steel one from Hont and it's become my everyday watch.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State

SinnU2.jpg

I am still leaning toward the eta rather than the clone. This is sure a nice piece. Oh well. It's only money!

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
This little voice in my head keeps saying: 1 U2 PVD is as expensive as going to the sushi bar four times. Which one will last longer?

I'm already off sushi until March 2010 :D

Dr.Verylong

russtang

14/8/06
The black looks great, I have the steel one from Hont and it's become my everyday watch.

Haven't taken it off either! Probably should have though yesterday when I was welding...

On the plus side, I verified it IS sapphire. Welding slag embeds itself in mineral glass. Just burns away the AR on sapphire. Hehe. :err:

Have I mentioned I'm tough on watches?

Congrats. I just ordered the normal version. Black looks very nice, should have gone for that ...

This little voice in my head keeps saying: 1 U2 PVD is as expensive as going to the sushi bar four times. Which one will last longer?

I'm already off sushi until March 2010 :D

Dr.Verylong

The PVD has already worn off a couple of sharp corners on the clasp. Not really noticible unless you look very closely. No big deal, I am pretty abusive to my watches and usually get a lot of desk rash on my clasps/buckles. Thinking of getting the bare steel version from Hont as a daily beater. Love this watch!

Hehe. I love sushi too. Love watches even more...

:)