• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sinn U1 - Asia 2813 any good?

plymman

Renowned Member
13/10/10
Looking to get a U1, is the Asia 2813 any good? Is the second hand smooth? is it worth the extra £100 for the eta version?

I'm not too bothered about the movement as long as the second hand is smooth.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
It seems taht the 2813 series is problematic on the Sin, although the movement is pretty good usually. A dealer told me that the 2813 Sins show more problems than the others. When I wanted to (re)buy one he strongly recommended the ETA version. I hope this will change.

sebzbox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/8/08
Sorry to bring back an old thread but I have input

I have a Sinn U1 with the cheap dg2813

It is a very good rep for the price but the sweep is not smooth at all, when the watch is running on it's back it's like any 21kbph watch...sweep is a bit choppy

When the watch is not perfectly on it's back the movement is very choppy, it beats normal then misses a second, then beats 3 times a second then 2 times a second... you get the picture? the seconds hand is too heavy and there is too much slack in the movement. and all the dg2813 sinn u1 do this.

I still love my watch but if I had to go back I would go for the 2836 asian or ETA

Here is a video that I took:

jonnyboy40

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/6/10
I also have a Sinn U1 with a dg2813 and experiencing exactly the same choppy second hand movement has anyone tried changing the 2813 for a 4813? or any other fix

Regards

Jon

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
Agree with all you guys. If you want a close to gen rep. Get swiss eta or A2836. The second hand beats much smoother with a higher beat.

The watch running with a 21j will be easily expose as fake if you show it to yr friend and trying to tell them its real.

optical

Renowned Member
31/1/10
Yeah cause everyone knows how gens should beat you see

qbapiasek

Known Member
10/4/11
EU
I haven't met anyone who knows what a sinn is. Lol....

I love my U2.... though.

Your U2 also have swapping second? I want to buy one but one year ago i bought U1 and the swapping second and greenish markers make me crazy...

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
Your U2 also have swapping second? I want to buy one but one year ago i bought U1 and the swapping second and greenish markers make me crazy...

I love my U2, the only issue I had with it was the triangle on the bezel looked crappy, as well as the lume, I had Vac redo both the triangle and the dial.... Came out awesome.

This is a "swiss movement" U2, on a genuine waterproof sinn leather strap. I bought from watchbuys.

Here is a video:

qbapiasek

Known Member
10/4/11
EU
I love my U2, the only issue I had with it was the triangle on the bezel looked crappy, as well as the lume, I had Vac redo both the triangle and the dial.... Came out awesome.

This is a "swiss movement" U2, on a genuine waterproof sinn leather strap. I bought from watchbuys.

Here is a video:

/
Great watch !:wub:
But this thread is about sinn with 2813, like i wrote before, i had one sinn U1 but the movement makes the second swapp, now i'd like to buy U2 with 2813, and i like to know about this movement in this watch. On RWI i saw one movie with this watch with this movment and the second hand move quite smooth. Some advise? Any experiance?

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
I would think it wouldn't be much different than:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkrzw3iAPTo"]movement comparison between 21,600bph and 28,800 bph - YouTube[/ame]

Guessing though.

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
I would think it wouldn't be much different than:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkrzw3iAPTo"]movement comparison between 21,600bph and 28,800 bph - YouTube[/ame]

Guessing though.

qbapiasek

Known Member
10/4/11
EU
I know thare's no big different, but i want to know is the second hand stops and then catching up? U1 has that defect.