• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Simply The Best

Billyboy1951

Do not accept unsolicited offers
19/8/17
I’m sure I’m like every new member who’s heard legends about fabulous quality rep watches and for whatever reason ends up at RWI, subsequently finding theirself in an amazing and boundless universe that’s daunting at best. So much information at hand… so much investigation necessary to put it all to good use. The first order of business, having come in from the cold, is of course to find a dealer who you can trust on every level.

So I asked the universe and it pointed me towards Lucy at Truetime168.

First of all, let me say that Lucy is smart. She avoids all the problems related to keeping a rep watch website up and running and out of trouble. To the best of my knowledge, she has no website. You send Lucy an email telling her what you want. She quickly replies with options and you discuss them. She knows the factories so she can tell you the best makers of the model you want.

Once you’re sure, she puts through your order and tells you how long she thinks it will take her to receive it. Soon as it arrives with her, she sends you QC pictures with enough detail so you can spot anything that looks the slightest bit suspicious. With my recent purchase of a HBB All Black, I noticed a bit of dust under the glass on the rear. She got her watchmaker to remove the glass, do a thorough clean, reassemble without leaving any marks on the screws, and she did not charge me the cost of that work. Her QC also involves a testing of all functions and smooth running. If anything isn’t right, she’ll resolve it either by repair or replacement.

With a new set of QC photos, I was happy and she sent the watch to me in Belgium via a carrier with which although it took the better part of a month to arrive, it got through customs with no problems for which I was grateful.

Now there are a couple of things to know about Lucy:

English is not her mother tongue, so keeping it simple is the best way to communicate. Up till now, we have not had any misunderstandings.

She does not work on weekends… which is normal because she basically works single-handed handling a great deal of orders and needs a bit of rest like everyone else… so you might have to wait a couple of days for a reply if you email her on a Friday.

She is very correct about pricing and payment. So long as you follow her instructions, transactions with Lucy go smooth as glass. I was happy with her discount for using WU and will continue to pay through that method.

She is very considerate and she will engage with any question you have. It could be that she doesn’t reply right away… but she admits that with all the emails she has to deal with every day, some do occasionally slip under her radar. She actually told me that if I thought a response was slow to simply re-send the email. This happened a couple of times out of the over 30 mails we exchanged through my first purchase (yup, as a noobie I had a LOT of questions!), and she always came through for me with her usual charm, politeness and enthusiasm.

OK, I’m sorry this is long. I’ve thus probably overstepped some unspoken RWI protocol and fear punishment.

But that’s the way I roll. When I’m inspired, I want to share the vibe and make sure that everyone understands exactly why I’m inspired.

Lucy is inspirational. She made something amazing happen for me by making sure that everything went smooth with my first purchase and so making sure I was over the moon with my rep.

I’ve just placed an order with Lucy for two more HBB’s.
I can’t actually visualize working with anyone else on planet rep.

Lucy is simply the best there is .

Her QC pics...
Wrist shots to follow...
View attachment 89801 View attachment 89802 View attachment 89803 View attachment 89804

D

d4m.test

I'm currently working through 2 more purchases from Lucy... A Big Bang Full Steel and a Big Bang Rose Gold.
She got both watches within 2 days and immediately sent QC pics.

The RG looked amazing and I told her she could send it soon as she was OK with its functioning. In fact, she got back after about a week and said the watch wasn't working correctly so she sent it back to the factory.
In the meantime, I noticed the brush stroke on the bezel of the SS wasn't parallel with the brushing on the body. I didn't know whether or not I'd be bothered by that (I'd seen lots of pics of this model and not one of them had this issue)... Lucy said she would send that one back too and insist that they exchange it. I thought that was pretty cool as it wasn't exactly an outrageous defect.

In the meantime... she sent QC pics of the replacement RG back from the factory and it also looked amazing. I said she could send it soon as she was OK with its functioning. Some days later she came back and said the functioning was excellent, only varied about 5 secs/day with a 40 hour power reserve. BUT... there was some dirt on the hour hand (she sent a high res photo so I could see it) so she was sending it back to V6. In fact, on closer inspection of the original QC pics the dirt was always there, but difficult to make out due to the low resolution.

As it stands now, after exactly a month since initiating this order, both watches are back at the factory to be exchanged (in the case of the SS) or getting hour hand swapped (in the case of the RG).
So yes, the whole process can be long. You need to be patient.

But the main point is that Lucy makes sure you're OK. I would have been devastated to receive these two watches with the defects that she spotted having not shown on the original QC pics.
I'm not saying that other TD's aren't as conscientious as Lucy, but so long as she keeps doing what she does, I will use her exclusively.
Cause she rox.