• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Simply Beautiful 3646 Radiomir

rsea

6/1/11
This is an absolutely stunning piece.

I'm normally more of a brushed and bashed old style vintage kind of guy but I think I'm converted! This build was requested by a long time member here a few weeks ago and I've been working on it steadily ever since.

The photo he sent me gave me the basic outline of components, dial style etc but didn't really grab me as a thing of beauty. I'm not surprised often, but I am absolutely floored by this build! A thing of rare beauty indeed. It just goes to show you don't need a massive budget and an Angelus movement to own a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful watch.

This piece is why I love Vintage Panerai

IMG_6818.JPG

IMG_6815.JPG

IMG_6814.JPG

IMG_6813.JPG

IMG_6809.JPG

IMG_6808.JPG

IMG_6807.JPG

IMG_6805.JPG

IMG_6830-1.JPG

IMG_6828-1.JPG

IMG_6827.JPG

IMG_6831.JPG

IMG_6801.JPG

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
It's nice, but the lack of a seconds hand ruins the aesthetics for me.

Are you kidding, guan? The lack of a seconds hand complication MAKES the aesthetic! :lolcina:

Great watch, rsea!

Billio

I'm Pretty Popular
15/4/09
hey this looks amazing! how much would one of these cost?

rsea

6/1/11
Thanks very much gents I think it's a beautiful piece
guanaco - I'm going to have to refer you to the warning in your own signature! :D This is a gen reproduction so I took my cues from it

paneristi_radiomir47mm.jpg

nielsen

I'm Pretty Popular
22/1/08
I gotta agree: the plainer the better. If you need a second hand, change the movement and add a big sweeper from the centre. Beautiful job! That looks like a Nightwatch caseback, is it?

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Absolutely fantastic :D
Looks really good and one of my favourite vintage PAM´s, excellent work my friend.
Also agree about no sec, makes it so much cleaner ;)

Thanks for sharing.

rsea

6/1/11
Thanks Gents. I think the 3646 is my favourite of the vintage builds and it doesn't hurt that it fits under the cuff of a business shirt unlike it's chunkier cousins

Frig - I bet you're hanging out for it by now! BTW I can only do 1 x 6154 for the weekend but it'll be a v.nice faded brown dial

Nielsen - Yes it's Gordons. Good eye. He's worked damn hard to get his CBs as accurate as possible and the size matches the watch perfectly

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
very nice indeed! So we are neighbours..can you buiild something for me LOL

rsea

6/1/11
You're from Brisbane?
Convince Col to organise a GTG and we'll talk there ;)