• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Silix 45mm PO vs. UPO ???

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
Has anyone seen Silix's 45mm PO? It appears to be different from the UPO! It has the correct Omega symbol on the dial. It's also only $175.00 with an ETA 2824 or 2836!

However, it may have other flaws I'm not picking up on. I'm no Omega expert. Does anyone have the Silix version???

mucrewbtp

Horology Curious
18/12/06
I have a 45mm PO from Silix and I think it is a grat watch for the money. The printing on the dial I think is better than on my brother's UPO and the Omega logo is correct as well. I opened it up and it does have a genuine swiss ETA inside. The AR is also good on the watch. The only major difference is in the bezel, it only has 60 clicks, which is not a big deal for me, and the bezel pearl is not as good as on the UPO. Mine actually fell out and I am in the proscess of locating a new one. If you get one I would reccommend taking the pearl out and re gluing it as a preventative measure. All in all though I am very satisfied with the watch and wear it frequently.

Hope this helps,
Mike

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
To be honest, get the UPO, why? Because the little negatives the Silix has will not bother you in the long run, me? Well I'm real anal when it comes to reps :| ... Go with a used one if possible, that way you'll know exactly how the watch looks, OR go with Ruby or Angus (Puretime) and ask them to take a picture of the UPO that's gonna be shipped to you, you can't go wrong there. :)

stevie7s

Known Member
5/10/06
I have been staying away from replacing my 4th gen PO that I lent to my brother and have never received back. Now that I have decided to start the modding process on several of my Panerai, the new bunch of UPO's out there really make me want to get one again.