• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Signatures and Picture size

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
I thought about placing this in the flame free zone but figured if anyone wanted to bitch about my bitch I have thick enough skin so bring it. lol

Maybe this is just me and my less than capable computer skills but am I the only person that has to scroll across threads to read them because of some peoples pictures and/or signatures being so large? I can understand some not knowing how to downsize a picture but the signature thing drives me batty.

No offense to anybody and this post was not directed at anyone particular. I just find myself skipping threads that require scrolling to read. Anyone else?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
yeah me too. It's due to the placement of the picture.
After adding a picture, user should hit ENTER key. If not you'll have to scrolllllllllllllll to the right all the way.
If you have a widescreen monitor (16:10), you'll learn that you will be using higher horizontal resolution. You'll see more things.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
Happy T said:
I can understand some not knowing how to downsize a picture but the signature thing drives me batty.
Here's the rule I follow: A picture never, ever, ever needs to be wider than 640 pixels across. I set my signature to 640px wide and every single pic you'll see in one of my pictorials is 640px across or 320px across doubled-up, and I run at 1920x1200 at home.

As for Avatars, the ones on the left, I'm getting so close to turning them off whenever I come across some posts with a huge picture. You know who you are. It's annoying, dude. I respect you, your posts, your taste, etc, but come on ...

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
damn it puggy. U must be running those 24 inchers and above :D

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
takashi said:
If you have a widescreen monitor (16:10), you'll learn that you will be using higher horizontal resolution. You'll see more things.
Having a widescreen monitor doesn't meen having a super-wide browser window, it means your browser no longer takes up the entire screen width. :D

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
hahahaha. You can do so if you wish. It's better for multiple page display. You can try to run 2 browser side by side if you have screen real estate as puggy's.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
takashi said:
damn it puggy. U must be running those 24 inchers and above :D
24" Widescreen Dell plugged into a Mac G5 and home-made AMD XP3200+.

20060325-Desk.jpg

crumpdaddy

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/06
I apologize for my other large avatar. I have chosen a smaller one.

Don't want to ruffle any feathers around this camp.

Crumpster.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
NO no... I prefer hot latte with caramel :twisted:

... to the hot Schocolade.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
takashi said:
uhhh.. Can you get an Asian please?? :lol:
When I realised I'd shag any pretty girl, regardless of race, that's when I realised I couldn't possibly be racist. Possibly a little sexist, but not racist. :D

10acErnie

Known Member
6/4/06
crumpdaddy,

Your old avatar was my favorite. I'm gonna' miss her. I wouldn't mind a high rez pic if you got one.........

Roeod4

Respected Member
14/3/06
takashi said:
uhhh.. Can you get an Asian please?? :lol:

If you do go that route, don't use one of Luckyyy's Asian "Girls". :wink:

10acErnie

Known Member
6/4/06
A mans masculinity isn't judged by the size of his avatar............but by the watch he wears.........