• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Service and Repair, everyone needs to know!

bulldog4444

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/4/09
What happens when this hobby gets the best of you? You've modded just one step too far and cannot go back. Usually our human nature takes over and we just hide our mistake and move on hoping that time will heal our wounds. This happened to me, has it happened to you?

A new day has come and all of us at RWI need to know what a great resource we have in Gary/Katt! He is a gentleman, a communicator and a craftsman. I never thought a repair and service could go so smoothly!

I was going to silicone waterproof my never before worn Rolex GMT Pepsi and while the case back was off decided to remove the stem. Do you know what happens when you use a pin rather than the proper screwdriver to push that little release button down? Push too far and now you are reading more on the forums of what you just did wrong! NOOOOOOOOOOO! Micro surgery time. I can do many things but not removing the hands, the face, the date wheel, etc., etc.

This is where Katt comes in. I emailed him, he returns with all the information you need and will assess your baby when he gets it. He repairs it in no time (it had to be Thanksgiving day to be so fast) and back to you in no time. Not only did he repair my keyless works, this wonderful fellow also found another issue which he engineered a fix for to make sure my watch would run like a champ. What a find! Although I did not find him, someone here sure did. Nice work RWI!

I want to sing his praises because he deserves it. I'm sure there are others here that also could do the same job but I don't know that. What I do know is that Gary/Katt is MORE than you bargained for. Super people like him need to be praised for their great and professional work.

I will use this craftsman from now on. This is one bulldog that now loves katts!

Thank you, bulldog

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
+1 We are so lucky to have Katt here!

Do you have a pic of your old school GMT? :spank: :lol:

AGEMOXELOR

Known Member
11/2/09
Very nice! I will keep this in mind.

Katt do everything? Inserts, bezels, movements, etc???

Good post!

katt

Trusted (Watch Repair)
Trusted Dealer
Vendor (Watch Repair)
14/9/09
Thanks bulldog4444 for the praise and kind words . I am glad to be of service to you anytime !

wiscrna

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/10
+1.

I sent Gary some pics of my fiddy that came today, sounding him out about a few mods/out-of-the-box servicing. I was prepared to hand him a nice piece of change, but he looked everything over, gave me some sage advice, and didn't charge me a cent. This is twice now that Gary has been very generous with his time and experience with me, and he has yet to charge me anything. He'll be getting all of my business, and everyone else's that I can talk to about him.

Definitely a better place around here because of him.

Thanks again, Gary!

Will

acharria

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/10/09
:ttiwwop:

only this needs to be add here...
lol... just share some pics...

bulldog4444

6/4/09
OK, OK, I will take some pictures and get them posted tonight. I was also going to post a photo of Gary/Katt but he looks so much like Bert Renyolds that everybody already knows HIS face. :-}

Bulldog

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
Oh no! I pretty much have the same stem issue and the same watch bulldog has. Hope Katt can come to the rescue again.

bulldog4444

6/4/09
Katt will come through, believe me. No worry's, I think he really likes the challenge. I haven't posted pics for a year..... trying to remember....remember....remember....

Bulldog