• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Service and polish Rolex Submariner No Date 114060 (Superclone Rolex 3230)

Harleysta91

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
7/9/16
Vercelli (VC) Italy
Today on the counter we have a Rolex 114060 that needs a revision of the mechanics and an improved aesthetics, furthermore the customer communicates that he has the defect of having a little gen spec and very "muddy" click of the bezel
by modifying the springs with those of a 116660 and correctly lubricating the bezel we managed to solve this problem, the watch has very heavy marks caused by use and very difficult to remove with a simple polishing, leaving them however known that give a nice character on the clock.
furthermore, at the request of the customer, and above all supplied by the same, we have installed an original glass
to be a simple watch I must say that it came out better than my expectations:

tarheelz

Looking Around
12/9/22
Fantastic work. Can you tell me which lubricant use used for the bezel? I've avoided using any grease in these in the past.

Harleysta91

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
7/9/16
Vercelli (VC) Italy
Fantastic work. Can you tell me which lubricant use used for the bezel? I've avoided using any grease in these in the past.
hi! to reassemble the ring nut I use molycote DX a white grease, but the quality of the lubricant does not matter much (it is also very important) the really important part is the preparation of the surface, removing the previous lubricant well and polishing the contact surfaces .

Reactions: tarheelz

wisedennis

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
11/11/22
CONUS USA
Today on the counter we have a Rolex 114060 that needs a revision of the mechanics and an improved aesthetics, furthermore the customer communicates that he has the defect of having a little gen spec and very "muddy" click of the bezel
by modifying the springs with those of a 116660 and correctly lubricating the bezel we managed to solve this problem, the watch has very heavy marks caused by use and very difficult to remove with a simple polishing, leaving them however known that give a nice character on the clock.
furthermore, at the request of the customer, and above all supplied by the same, we have installed an original glass
to be a simple watch I must say that it came out better than my expectations:
Great project!

How’s the timegrapher data before and after servicing?

Harleysta91

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
7/9/16
Vercelli (VC) Italy
Sarebbe interessante anche per me. Nel caso te ne ricordi, visto che è già passato un po' di tempo:D
to tell the truth I don't remember the timekeeper data precisely, I have to remember to take photos of these details.
however, in the average case, a well-done service on a "functioning" watch gains from 20 to 50° in amplitude.. on some watches such as the 3135 Sh/Vr, once the mainspring has been replaced, even 80° is gained (in average first on 220/230 then on 290/310)