• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seeking Men's Dress Shirts, Suits, High Quality Reps.

jakeslatneksy

Known Member
11/1/08
After nearly 15 years here at RWI exclusively in the rep/gen watch sections, I'm asking an off-topic question: can anyone point me to a someone who trades in high-quality men's dress shirts and suits. Traveling in Shanghai, it's easy to find impressively good men's dress shirts (Armani, Zegna) and suits but I've lost all of those contacts and probably won't be visiting China anytime soon. There used to be a bidding site, kind of like eBay but they're gone. Too many scammers. I would be grateful for any respectful referrals. Thanks to anyone in advance.

paul.co

Certified
23/6/17
There aren’t many reliable places to get designer reps other than sourcing them directly from China. The best resource to learn how to do it and where to find those items is Reddit, especially the DesignerReps sub.
If you’re open to pre-owned gen items, I would recommend you Vestairie Collective as you can find some amazing deals. For example I got a pair of LV sneakers, barely used for $160.

jakeslatneksy

Known Member
11/1/08
Thanks so much. I'm on Reddit frequently, didn't even occur to me and I'm grateful. Also, vestiarecollective.com does have some very affordable pre-owned gen suits and they appear to offer a higher standard of quality than eBay.
The best resource to learn how to do it and where to find those items is Reddit, especially the DesignerReps sub.

Reactions: paul.co

red_loon

Getting To Know The Place
15/9/21
There aren’t many reliable places to get designer reps other than sourcing them directly from China. The best resource to learn how to do it and where to find those items is Reddit, especially the DesignerReps sub.
If you’re open to pre-owned gen items, I would recommend you Vestairie Collective as you can find some amazing deals. For example I got a pair of LV sneakers, barely used for $160.
Came here to mention that same subreddit, but I see you already did it. Thanks for mentioning Vestairie Collective, never heard of it before.

Reactions: paul.co

Stilep

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/11/22
Norway
take a trip to Thailand and order yourself a suit

julius11

19/4/20
Honestly when it comes to business clothing I would advise against reps. There’s no real advantage since no one will tell a Tom Ford Rep Suit from a well priced and made suit from for instance Suitsupply. I’d focus on garments and quality. Not brands.

jakeslatneksy

Known Member
11/1/08
While I cannot speak to the experience of others, I have had extraordinary good fortune in superb quality reps in Chinese men's dress shirts and suits. Comparing an Armani men's shirt to the Chinese versions side-by-side have shown both to be excellent with the difference being only in price. As this is primarily a rep-hobbyist site, we look for quality and value whenever possible. That said, thanks very much to @julius11 for the referral at Suitsupply. Outstanding products at affordable prices.