• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seeking Input

lumberger

Getting To Know The Place
20/10/10
Hello friends. As a newbie I am finding myself very smitten with Omega, especially vintage Seamasters. I have 2 questions.
1. What are happy feet? I see that term used, but I don't know what it means. Please help the new kid.
2. Does anybody have a recommendation for a TD who makes a killer vintage seamaster? I think this is going to be my next acquisition.
Thank you.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Check the pic for the happy feet

DialDetails.png

Which vintage seamaster are you after? Any pics?

lumberger

20/10/10
Thanks Pap. A very clear explanation. I am looking for what I think is a vintage seamaster 300 with no date. Or, if you know of a TD who can pull it off with the date in the correct position? Thanks.

http://www.puretime.co/category/vintage/

Here is a link to Puretimes vintage seamaster. Looking for 1 like this. Maybe a little cheaper?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Thanks Pap. A very clear explanation. I am looking for what I think is a vintage seamaster 300 with no date. Or, if you know of a TD who can pull it off with the date in the correct position? Thanks.

http://www.puretime.co/category/vintage/

Here is a link to Puretimes vintage seamaster. Looking for 1 like this. Maybe a little cheaper?

Nice choice! I suggest getting one of them with asian clone movement. If you want a cheaper one i think there is a version with a21j movement.

lumberger

20/10/10
Thanks again. I will keep my eye on Puretime's website. Maybe they will come down a little in price at some point.

In checking out some of the trusted dealers, another question has come to mind. Assuming that these dealers do not actually make these watches, do they all come from the same factory? Where is this factory? How do they get the specs of each watch and source the materials? Is it possible that the genuine factories provide these materials at a cheap price to these rep factories as a way of increasing revenue/efficiency? I know for a fact that a lot of consumer products companies here in the states will produce what is called "private label" merchandise as a way to keep the factories humming at maximum capacity. Do you think there is any truth to this theory in the watch world?

Darktime

Still New
1/7/12
Hello friends. As a newbie I am finding myself very smitten with Omega, especially vintage Seamasters. I have 2 questions.
1. What are happy feet? I see that term used, but I don't know what it means. Please help the new kid.
2. Does anybody have a recommendation for a TD who makes a killer vintage seamaster? I think this is going to be my next acquisition.
Thank you.

I bought the no-date version from Silix, and I am very happy with.

http://www.silix-prime.co/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_231&products_id=4248

I have put a aftermarket bracelet on it, that is similar to the Omega 1171 bracelet. Many Vintage 300m owners use this bracelet on there watchs. Also added a gen Omega buckle to the bracelet.

The watch comes from Silix with the Asian 21J Automatic movement, which has worked very good so far. And if it craps out, is very cheap to replace.

Silix does sell one with what they say is a Swiss Eta 2836-2 Automatic movement. But more then likely is the Chines version of that movement.

http://www.silix-prime.co/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=115_150_190&products_id=1701

After some research, I just went with the Asian 21j version. Did not think it was worth the extra $120 for the "swiss eta 2836-3"

The customer service from Silix has been very good, and the shipping times have been very GOOD!!

Good Luck!!

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
Silix sell's very solid 21j versions of these Rep's. And got very good selection of omega's . Good after sell's service. I have bought 5 Rep's off him in the last 30 days. You should give him a try! I am very pleased with mine.