• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Searching for a good speedmaster rep

Wallem

Looking Around
17/7/10
Hello all,

First of i want to say what a great forum. For about a month i have been looking about information about buying a omega speedmaster. When i saw that there was a complete world of rep watches. My eyes where opened.

And now i am planning to buy my first omega speedmaster rep.The past couple of days i have been reading up on all the information that it is here about rep watches and more important rep speedmasters.

I have a couple of questions about buying one. First of the speedmaster rep that i want to be is this one http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/speedmaster/professional/35735000

i have seen that there are some great ones around and i want to know some things before i buy one and i hope you can answer them

some criteterias if they could be med: No quartz, working chronograph and best quality

- What is the best choice of watch a hand wind or an automatic when i want to where it daily ? i have read that a hand wind one will suffer from the screwing unscrewing of the winder.

- What is the best choice in watch if i want a rep of the above gen. I have read some things about rubby's speedmaster is that the best buy ?

i know that these are a lot of questions but when i found this site and looked through all trusted dealers i have found so many speedmaters that i don't know witch is the best choice for me.

thanks in advance.

Wallem

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
Welcome Wallem!

I'm gonna be honest, I didn't read all of your post lol but there are plenty of dealers that sell the Speedmaster.

Where are you located?

In the US, Stan @ WBK would be your best bet. I didn't check to see if it's in stock but if it is, 2-3day shipping! And the quality is top notch!

-ian

planatlas

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/7/10
Hello!!

I have speedmaster Watch replica in the best quality. Actually not make any factory. Venus 75 (lemania) movement full functional chronograph. With hesalite domed glass, caseback saphire and movement decorated with OMEGA words. Maybe i can sell it.

Wallem

Looking Around
17/7/10
Welcome Wallem!

I'm gonna be honest, I didn't read all of your post lol but there are plenty of dealers that sell the Speedmaster.

Where are you located?

In the US, Stan @ WBK would be your best bet. I didn't check to see if it's in stock but if it is, 2-3day shipping! And the quality is top notch!

-ian
I am located in the netherlands

Wallem

Looking Around
17/7/10
Is there somebody who can point me in the right way. What is the best quality movement and where can i get it ? any help is appreciated

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
My first rep was a Speedmaster also. TimeShop is who I ordered mine from and they have about 50 different ones to choose from. I'm happy with the looks and function of mine and Time Shop delivered with no problems. You can find out more about them in the Trusted Dealer secion of this site and they have a website you can check out. The hand wind (lemania,seagull,venus, whatever) movement is most like the original and the chronos will work with that movement. POST PICTURES WHEN YOU GET IT.

Better yet, here is a link:

http://www.timeshops.net/OM9284_-_Omega_Speedmaster_Chrono_Black_Dial_SS_-_Lemania_Hand_Wind_movement_2512-5026.htm

robbnj

11/6/09
For accuracy to original, the Speedmaster day/date in probably the closest (and all functions work) of the mechanical models.

If you want the Speedmaster Pro (moonwatch), you'll have to sacrifice details somewhere.
The quartz gives you working chronos and decent (not perfect) subdial spacing, but is quartz.
The manual wind models have working chronos and mechanical movement, but the subdial spacing is way off and most have the presentation caseback (inaccuarte).

The 21j automatics are very accurate visually but the chronos do not work.

Decide what is important to you and we can help you find the watch you want.

Wallem

Looking Around
17/7/10
For accuracy to original, the Speedmaster day/date in probably the closest (and all functions work) of the mechanical models.

If you want the Speedmaster Pro (moonwatch), you'll have to sacrifice details somewhere.
The quartz gives you working chronos and decent (not perfect) subdial spacing, but is quartz.
The manual wind models have working chronos and mechanical movement, but the subdial spacing is way off and most have the presentation caseback (inaccuarte).

The 21j automatics are very accurate visually but the chronos do not work.

Decide what is important to you and we can help you find the watch you want.

THanx for your reply, I dont want a quartz that i am sure of. And i like a moonwatch and i am almost sure about a manual wind. But how is the quality of those movements ? I would like to use it as a everyday watch will this work with such movements ?

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
In my view, this is the most accurate Speedmaster available:

OMG-SPM-DATE-NEW-05_enl.JPG

The other dial designs are good too... but this one is just amazingly close to the gen.

gurujosh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/10
Rooster did you purchase this from puretimewatch.com and do the chronos work on this model?

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
I think I actually bought this model about a year ago from King (not an approved dealer here), but Pure Time or our other dealers should be able to get you the same watch. Yes, the chrono on the A7750 version works as it should. Functionality is like the gen. The only thing I was a bit disappointed with is the crystal, so I gave it the Chief double AR treatment and now it looks awesome. I also got it serviced by Tom Highway (from RWG) last year.

...Now that I think about it, I might consider selling mine as I wore it twice and it's been in the watch box since... if you're interested, get in touch via PM.