• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamonster!

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
You didn't think I just liked Rolexes, did you? Here is the first replica watch I bought, and the 3rd to be delivered. It's my "My brother lives in Thailand" watch. In other words, it's from a random dealer on the web that his Thai bird found. Random to say the least.

Omega%20-%2002.jpg

Omega%20-%2003.jpg

Omega%20-%2009.jpg

Omega%20-%2013.jpg

On you go. Tell me if it's any good. It's not an ETA, by the way, and on the buckle it says:

OMEGA
Seanaster
PROFESSIONAL

Before I forget, the He valve is at 10 O'Clock on the nail.

canuck88

25/3/06
Ahh the infamous Seanaster! That looks like a good one - the old school ones with the proper length hands... can you post a straight-on dial shot?

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
canuck88 said:
Ahh the infamous Seanaster! That looks like a good one - the old school ones with the proper length hands... can you post a straight-on dial shot?
Will this do?

All%20My%20Watches%20-%2001.jpg

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
the_CEO said:
Very nice
From what I've been led to believe, it's not that good a rep. It's amazing how influential a good photo is. If TTK were evil bizzaro-world TTK, he could offload piles of crap by taking nice pics.

jsph

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/4/06
[my first post on the dark side -- been on rwg/trc quite a while, though]

hi guys,

i think the thing that jumps out at me first is the metal trim around the hour markers. it's supposed to be painted white.

but, second, i'm not 100% sure what model this is copying... if it's blue. there are black seamasters with this kind of large old-style hour markers (as opposed to the round james bond ones), which have black dial and black bezel; then there are the electric-blue ones, and those have a silver bezel with dark blue writing. this seems to be a hybrid of the blue bond seamaster and the black non-bond?...

jsph

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
jsph said:
[my first post on the dark side -- been on rwg/trc quite a while, though]
Welcome!

Yes, it's a wannabe rep. It is, however, a perfectly servicable beater and will be passed on you my younger brother as soon as I get another Omega rep.

Tink131

16/3/06
[smilie=hello.gif] Hi there jsph,
Welcome to the Dark Side! Glad you found us and decided to "chime in". Hope you enjoy it here- there's lots to see, learn and do (new arcade section!). We even have a goat with braces! :shock:

jsph

3/4/06
thanks so much for the welcome. great to be here. looking forward to learning more and seeing the fun stuff people keep referring to re: the dark side!

by the way -- awesome avatar. can you tell me about it?

(and your .sig quote!)

jsph

Tink131

16/3/06
Hey Joe,
Not much to tell really- was just looking through my son's pics and thought this one was cool. This is a man's world (the rep thing) so I didn't want to appear to vulnerable, yet still be feminine- thought this was appropriate. And the quote is from the movie "What About Bob", my husband and I love Bill Murray. I change my sig. every once in a while, just to keep things interesting. Thanks for asking! :D

jsph

3/4/06
thanks for your post! neat picture -- and we love bill murray, too, both the ridiculously funny stuff from earlier and the now quirky and serious stuff. he's both hilarious and a great actor, and can be very touching, too.

and you know, it really is a remarkable thing, how almost the entire replica community, if not the entire online watch community is male. i keep thinking of that everytime the off-topic stuff veers into girl-watching and "what does your wife think about your watch habit?" and so on. i guess that both reflects the problem and exacerbates it. part of it must be that the vast majority of these reps are of men's watches (esp., divers, pilot, military), so that must reduce womens' interest somewhat, but even in the general watch forums, it's still almost entirely male, it seems. hm...

take care, and thanks again for welcoming me on board. great to be here.

jsph

Tink131

16/3/06
There is a watch advertisement that says that a man's watch says most about who he is. Now, I don't know that I buy that completely, but it does touch on the point that the watch is probably a man's premier piece of jewelry- besides maybe a wedding ring, which can be as plain as a gold band or studded with diamonds. Women can deck themselves out with lots of stuff- expensive jewelry, costly handbags and shoes etc... I think that there are more men's reps because mostly men are into them- if women were the ones mostly into them there would be more women's styles available-jmho. In any case reps are great fun for both- just wish more women understood! :roll:

jsph

3/4/06
tink, i think you have a very good point there. plus, maybe now with the economy as it is, there are even more guys who, even for that one piece of jewelry, don't have the $$$ to spend on the rolex or omega or brietling they dreamed of since their dad/uncle/etc had one, so now we see a mini renaissance in the replica world, combined with the amazing manufacturing coming out of asia.

BUT by now, i've totally hi-jacked this thread! didn't mean to. sorry about that, and now i return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

jsph

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
hi! Nice to see some of you over here. The pace of this forum is just calming... An escape from a hectic day on the neighbouring site.
@pug... I agree... Picture tells a million words! I have proven this myself. A gen SMP taken with crappy cameraphone, crappy background, crappy lighting and so on will not move any of the audience.
For the OT post, most the female species will find fake Gucci & LV bags thousand times more attractive than the watches.

Tink131

16/3/06
[smilie=hello.gif]
Well hello there Takashi,
Welcome to the Dark Side- so gald you found us AND like us!! What's not to like?? :lol: Hope you make us your home and not just an escape. I'm so picky when it comes to purses- not too amny I like. I do like Brighten- affordable, barely. I have a couple that I like and that's enough. I'm not much into shoes either- I'd rather have comfort; there's nothing worse than tired aching feet, except for maybe a really sore back!

@ Joe- Highjack away- nothin' wrong with that!

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
yeah Tink... This is really a good place. No flaming, etc. Though I came here a little bit late.

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
@ Takashi
The only way to be late is by not showing up at all.

You can never be too late for anything, unless it is over.

@Joe
There is nothing wrong with hijacking a thread. I have been known to hijack my own threads. :D

Tink131

16/3/06
Late? The host isn't even done decorating!! Heck, I'd say you're early! We're just getting stared. New stuff being added all the time.

remixed

23/3/06
I'm looking to buy one of these from silixprime. I've never dealt with them. How does their Omega compare?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
It's certainly a good rep but not the best around. It's hard to find a good Seamaster Pro rep these days. Enquire the dealers here. They may have old stock with ETA2824 or even if you're lucky you can get those with ETA2892-A2 (the base movement for gen Omega 1120).