• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster Twins (fraternal at least) [PICTURES]

mwesten

Known Member
7/7/09
Well my second replica just came in today, the "el cheapo" Planet Ocean from Silix. When thinking of getting this I was considering getting it with the rubber strap, and after looking at some of the reviews it only confirmed my decision to swap the SS "Seamastei" bracelet for the rubber one. Although it definitely won't fool any ADs, in my humble opinion it's a really nice nice watch. And for $30 (plus another $35 for the strap) you really can't go wrong with this.

Also for anyone who didn't catch the post on my first rep, it is a Seamaster 300m with the new red lettering from Lay, and I absolutely adore it. After over two weeks of daily abuse (I work at a construction site, but don't get on the actual site very often) it has held up extremely well. Also both dealers, Lay and Jee are phenomenal and I can't recommend enough. Anyway on to the pictures, and sorry for the poor quality, my battery was dying and I wanted to get them quickly:

The twins

005ra.jpg

004ee.jpg

002mb.jpg

089yz.jpg

087wq.jpg

and the wrist shot

006hs.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Alex

cpvyk3

Getting To Know The Place
18/5/10
look great man ! -
I ordered same Omega Seamaster today from watcheden.com

watchman1

Renowned Member
21/11/06
Great looking Omegas. I just happen to be waiting for my Pumpkin PO to arrive any day now. I was wondering what the Pumpkin would look like with the rubber strap; now I know. Thanks.

BTW... that is a really nice looking SMP

mwesten

Known Member
7/7/09
Thank you all for the kind remarks!

I just wanted to update, I have been using the Pumpkin PO as a kind of test run for waterproofing Omegas with the HRV problems and such. Well after using Gio's tutorial on how to waterproof watches, I glued up the hole for the HRV and greased up the seals like there's no tomorrow. And because I'm impatient, I decided, "Well if it's gonna cost $20 just to get it tested for waterproofing, and the watch only cost $30, why not just give it a shot in the pool?

Well, to my amazement, for about $36 I now have a waterproof Omega PO rep that I have consistantly worn in the pool and the shower. I will try to get it tested before I leave for my cruise tomorrow (woohoo!) but if not, it looks like it'll be field tested for the beach/diving!

Thanks to all who have been keeping up!

-Alex

mwesten

Known Member
7/7/09
I bought the rubber strap with the watch from Silix and they put it all together.

The Pumpkin PO got a tremendous amount of use in both the pool and the ocean while I was on vacation until it finally failed me one day, but not in the way you might expect. The strap actually broke off while I was playing beach volleyball, so unfortunately I did not get to wear it while diving the next day.

There was, of course, a jeweler on the cruise liner, an AD for TAG Heuer among a few others, but not Omega, so I felt comfortable wearing my reps in there. Unfortunately enough, because they were not an AD for Omega, they refused to repair my watch, saying I would have to take it to an Omega dealer. Funny the way it is, isn't it?

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
lol, but it's not really an Omega, honest... please repair it. lol I just love those dealers who can't think outside of the box. :slap: