• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster question

d12bn

27/7/06
what does the crown on the top left at 10:00 do on a Seamaster. Its like a pressure valve or something? I read its non functional on the rep. So does it unscrew, push down on the gen? Is it different on the rep?

Thanks JB

RqThrottle

31/5/06
I have a gen. Seamaster. It is called a helium valve. You can research its use using Google. In short, unless you are Jacques Cousteau you don't care what it does.

It screws-unescrews on the gen. I have never touched mine on the many, many, many years I have had it :)

I have no clue how it is on the rep. I can tell you that judging from pictures the reps are spot on. Biggest giveway for me is the lume dots in the dial, but maybe because mine is old.

Regards,

madSub

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/4/06
Yeah, the He valve on the reps is just screwed into the case and nothing else. You don't need to 'release' it in the caseback to get the movement out. Does nothing but look good on reps. Heck, hardly good for anything or ever used by anyone on the genuine piece either.

bignasty

16/3/06
Only purpose unless you are a diver is its a great conversation piece!
But it does unscrew just like the gen on my SMP and PO reps.

Cheers,
Jon 8)

d12bn

27/7/06
cool

very cool.
Always love to see bignasty post, love that photo :twisted: