• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster Pro - Silix-prime and general questions

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
Yes the "red" newer version has different caseback. This is the best version out there - though not the best rep.

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
This is the best version of the Seamaster Professional out there. Still it is not really THAT accurate (HE valve at 10 o' clock, bad waves, short hands).

ryaku

3/4/06
It means there's just this version available but it's not a very accurate replica.

By the way... i'd choose another dealer if you're not very patient and don't like lies.
I waited 5 weeks to get a watch with crook markers and with the wrong strap and i was told shipment was had been delayed for quality control.
Now i have to pay an extra shipment and wait much longer.
Much better King for my experience.

AlbertoM

Looking Around
17/6/07
And I just got my Seamaster Chronometer from Silix in under a week and it is great. Elsewhere you will fine more praises for Silix. To each his own....

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
SMP chrono is a whole different story....It was voted to the Best Replica Watch of year 2006.
One of the greatest rep produced so far even with it's little flaws...

However, plain SMP is not a good rep like others mentioned......while it's not a bad rep.....it's not the best rep out there either...

ryaku

3/4/06
AlbertoM said:
And I just got my Seamaster Chronometer from Silix in under a week and it is great. Elsewhere you will fine more praises for Silix. To each his own....

I know and lately you can find a lot of concerns too (other boards mainly): long wait to ship the watch, wrong watched shipped, ridiculous lies such as "watch hasn't been shipped cause didn't pass the quality control" (and then you get the wrong watch with crooked markers).
Maybe their services were good in the past nowadays there are far better dealers imho.

ryaku

3/4/06
If you're in CONUS ----: TWP
In Asia --------: Angus, King, Ruby or River

My 2 cent

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
It stil says Epoch on the quick ref on the main page.

BOSS

Renowned Member
29/10/06
ryaku said:
I know and lately you can find a lot of concerns too (other boards mainly): long wait to ship the watch, wrong watched shipped, ridiculous lies such as "watch hasn't been shipped cause didn't pass the quality control" (and then you get the wrong watch with crooked markers).
Maybe their services were good in the past nowadays there are far better dealers imho.

I have dealt with Jay 5 or 6 times over the last year. Communication has always been great, speedy and accurate. I had one QC issue with Silix that they solved before I could become even a little annoyed!
As far as I'm concerned: Good dealer with great value for money.