• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster Pro Chrono Franken Project on the way

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Since my PO is almost done, i am thinking to start my new one. A Seamaster 300 M Chrono Diver franken project...
This is the one i am talking about,

25998000-20.png

I had my eyes on it for a little time and then the disaster came... A guy, an evil guy named, Om3ga_guy!!! He posted some pics of his gen one, that he claimed having some problems with a leak and he had to fix it. So then he came with some spare gen parts which i ended up buying... As you can see he had a very good plan into convincing me to start the project! I am just joking, i love you Kevin...

So i am at the beginning of the project, which by the way i think it will take me a long time to complete due to lack of extra money at the moment, and i need some advice.

Has anyone made one before? I haven't seen any so i have some question about it. Do all gen parts fit? I have already the dial, hands, chrono pushers and crown. Also i have a gen bezel, without the insert. I am thinking on buying an decent aftermarket insert with a good pearl to add on it and save some money or maybe buy a used one if i find...

I am planning also, 1. gen crystal, 2.gen tube and 3.a Swiss 7750 to keep it running a looooong time. I don't think i will change the HE valve as from the pics i have seen looks really good...

Do you think i will have any issues with the swap? Should i add/remove anything gen/rep part? Any advice or info would be much appreciated!