• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster pro bezel insert needed uk

GARY_AUSTIN_UK

Looking Around
15/9/07
Hi All

I would like to buy a new bezel insert for my seamaster professional..are there more than one size and can anyone tell me the best place in the uk to buy one.
Thankyou all in advance
Gary

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
I'm not sure about the UK, but there are currently several on ebay. A bezel insert for any full size 41mm SMP should fit.

EDIT: Is this really your first post in over 4 years? Welcome, I guess! :)

GARY_AUSTIN_UK

Looking Around
15/9/07
Thanks for the info,where do you meaasure from and too to get the right size? Are they all one colour as i looked at ebay uk earlier and theres one there as you said but it looks alot lighter,not sure if its just the flash... :)

Thanks Gary

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
They make a mid-size and full-size (gen) SMP, so just make sure you order one for the full size as I assume that is the watch you have. They can be purchased in both black and blue Bond style, or black with larger numbers (2254 style).

Please don't take my word for this, but I think the 42mm Planet Ocean insert may work in the SMP as well. I am certain I have seen a modded gen SMP with a PO insert on WUS.

Good luck!

GARY_AUSTIN_UK

Looking Around
15/9/07
I'm not sure about the UK, but there are currently several on ebay. A bezel insert for any full size 41mm SMP should fit.

EDIT: Is this really your first post in over 4 years? Welcome, I guess! :)

Thanks again all,and yes it may well be,i got this seamaster about then and got really interested in replica watches,soon after i registered family stuff happend and never got the chance to really get stuck in as they say.
So thanks for the welcome. :)
Gaz...

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Keep in mind that the 42mm PO is a 42mm diameter model. The SMP even though is referred to a 42mm model sometimes - actually is 41mm diameter...there may be some sanding involved.

They make a mid-size and full-size (gen) SMP, so just make sure you order one for the full size as I assume that is the watch you have. They can be purchased in both black and blue Bond style, or black with larger numbers (2254 style).

Please don't take my word for this, but I think the 42mm Planet Ocean insert may work in the SMP as well. I am certain I have seen a modded gen SMP with a PO insert on WUS.

Good luck!

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
Keep in mind that the 42mm PO is a 42mm diameter model. The SMP even though is referred to a 42mm model sometimes - actually is 41mm diameter...there may be some sanding involved.

Yes, and on second thought I shouldn't have mentioned it because transitioning between gen and rep can create all sorts of problems. Although you are referring to case sizes and not bezel sizes, your argument is still quite.

Anyway, I found a picture of what I referred to and I think it looks great (see below). I'm just not sure it would work with reps since it looks like the whole bezel has been replaced!

PO2254.jpg

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
That's an odd franken gen. I've never seen that dial with chrome branding before. Interesting find...

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
That dial is off a 2230, and I've seen a few 2254s modded with it. Did you notice the PO seconds hand? That's another one you see sometimes because it matches the sword hands better than the original dot style (according to some). Personally, I like the 2254 just the way it left the factory! However, I understand the modding mentality. Some of the Speedmasters that people have built are just incredible.