• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster PO Rep

Neil49

Looking Around
2/8/11
I have a Seamaster PO Rep.
I would like to know how accurate the detail is.
Can someone please help.

I have attached a couple of pics.

dan_j

5/11/10
Wrong logo (happy feet)
Wrong AR
Wrong date window
Wrong date wheel
Wrong pearl,
The orange colour on the dial is a little too dark
Bezel insert looks a little thin
Wrong HE location

But other than that it looks alright. Keep in mind that most of these things aren't obvious to most people.

Daniel

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Also realize that these same flaws exist on the vast majority of PO reps out there. Only very recently have some of these issues been corrected.
Unless you walk into an AD and lay it down next to a Gen, no one is ever going to call you out on it. 99% of people won't know the difference or care anyway.
Wear it for you and no one else. If you like it then you're all set.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk

Neil49

Looking Around
2/8/11
Yeah your right.
It looks ok to the untrained eye and interesting for me.
It will help when i buy my next one.

tolis

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/8/09
you buy omega planet ocean with 100gbp and you expect to be like original 2300gbp?its replica!its only replica!

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
At first, I just buy rep I like.. But soon I think accuracy is very important.

If is brand like Corum, panerai, Oris.. I think its ok even the watch is not very accurate.

But for Omega, Tag and Rolex. Its better to get a very accurate one cos this 3 types of luxury watch brand are common in most develop countries...

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
you buy omega planet ocean with 100gbp and you expect to be like original 2300gbp?its replica!its only replica!

Please note he didn't say he expected it to be just like the Gen. He was just asking how close it was, and what was different. I think he knows now!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
Just a question for mine..
Is there to any po's, that the dial markers and hands, look a little green-yellow under certain lights and angles???

Robbo73

27/5/11
Had a look at a PO in an AD today and thought it had the same hint (very faint) of green.

The 5th generation of the PO is pretty damn good. Tell you what though, the He valve is RUBBISH. Didn't realise how far out it was till a saw a gen. Q5? alluded to the antenna-like qualities of the 5G PO so I thought I'd look see.
Wish I hadn't. I feel a mod coming on...

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
You are right..Gen valve is about 35 euros

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
As i have already done this mod, i have to say the difference is just huge... Rep HE valve is off as hell!

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Some may call you on wearing a Rolex, rep or not, but no one will call you on an Omega, just wont happen. Only watch guys will ever know a rep Omega and even most of them will never get close enough to tell or even care.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07

holy hell, skipper. 100 british royal sterling should get you something very close to gen appearance these days aka 5th generation PO. so calm down, "mate" :D

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
As i have already done this mod, i have to say the difference is just huge... Rep HE valve is off as hell!

Still very jealous of your wonderful PO Franken! I will have one of those one day... :p