• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph with in-house calibre 9300

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
My new dream watch. I did a brief search but didn't find this, so I thought I'd start a new one.

The new Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph with in-house calibre 9300

By mono
The new Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph is equipped with a brand new in-house calibre
9300, the first chronograph in Omega’s family of in-house Co-Axial movements.

This is the first co-axial chronograph movement that comes from Omega and they used the Omega
Seamaster Planet Ocean for its launch. With this new in-house chronograph caliber I think Omega
created an absolutely great movement with magnificent specifications. Besides that, the Omega PO
Chrono is cool and rugged dive/sports/traveler watch.

omega_Planet_Ocean_chrono_black_01.jpg

A great improvement is the new bracelet with screwed pins! The previous Seamaster bracelets where
a serious pain in the *** when it needed adjustment. So finally Omega delivers a bracelet that is ‘on par’!

The new caliber 9300 is a so-called column-wheel chronograph. The column-wheel’s purpose is to
operate the chronograph’s start and stop functions. In general column-wheel chronograph are praised
by watch collectors and much more sought-after than chronograph that are operated without column-wheel.

Like all new Co-Axial movements, caliber 9300 also features a Si 14 silicon balance spring. A silicon
balance spring is not sensitive for magnetic influences and improves reliability. Omega says this allows
them to offer this watch with a four-year warranty. Another great feature that makes me think of my
quest for the perfect vacation watch is the movement’s time zone function. This function allows the
hour hand to be set without stopping the watch and this feature is especially useful for travelers!

omega_Planet_Ocean_chrono_orange_01.jpg

Another great feature of caliber 9300 is the way the chronograph counter displays the elapsed time.
Personally I think this is simply superb. The elapsed time is displayed in only one subdial, positioned
at 3 o’clock, with a 12-hour hand and a 60-minute counter hand. This arrangement of hands looks familiar
….. it recalls the hour and minute hands on the main dial and enables intuitive reading of the elapsed time.

As a fan of vintage dive watches, I just love details like the chronograph minute counter hand that is a so-
called ‘plonguer’-style hand. This new Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph has all features of a
genuine dive watch. It’s not too small (45,5 mm in diameter) and has a screw-down crown, helium escape
valve, the chronograph pushers can be locked by screw-down protection. The chronograph second hand is
placed centrally and the running seconds are positioned at 9 o’clock.

omega_Caliber_9301.jpg

Maybe not entirely dive-watch-alike, is the sapphire crystal in the screw-in case back. On the other hand
this makes it possible to observe beauty of Omega’s new in-house column-wheel chronograph, so I gladly
forgive them this “dive-watch-inconsistancyâ€. Omega Calibre 9300 is similar to Calibre 9301 (shown
above) that is enhanced with a red gold bridge and rotor.

Last but not least are the different executions. The Seamaster Planet Ocean is available in stainless steel
on a steel bracelet or on a black leather or black or orange rubber strap. Maybe not a novelty because it
was already used on a limited edition, but now the Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph is available in a
titanium case with a blue ceramic bezel whose scaling and numbers are made of a zirconium-based alloy
called Liquidmetal®. This version with ceramic and Liquidmetal bezel, comes on a titanium bracelet or a
blue rubber strap.

omega_Planet_Ocean_chrono_blue_01.jpg

OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Chrono Cal.9300/9301

By TLex OMEGA extends the Planet Ocean family with the new Planet Ocean Chronograph Calibre 9300/
9301. As with all Planet Ocean models the new PO Chronos are equipped with unidirectional rotatable
divers bezels and helium escape valves. Their 45.5mm cases have a water-resistance of 60 bar or 600
meters. From the exterior the new chronos boast some attractive new styling details; there's choice of either
a matte black ceramic or orange matte aluminum bezel insert and a fantastic new set of mini-plongeur hands
for the chronograph's 3 o'clock sub-dial.

However its under the hood where the real action is taking place with the inclusion of an exclusive
OMEGA Co-Axial calibre 9300/9301 in-house movement, which combines the Co-Axial escapement and
free sprungbalance for a level of reliability that has allowed Omega to offer a 4-year warranty. It is also
the first in Omega's family of in-house movements to incorporate a chronograph function. The performance
of this extraordinary movement can be observed through its sapphire crystal exhibition caseback.

More information can be found at the Omega website and official Facebook page.

joegrimm

I'm Pretty Popular
27/10/10
I was never a big fan of omegas, but i think this blue seamaster chrono just turned it around for me

beaker-king

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/4/09
They actually look good in all three colours. I hear the price tag is pretty high but it is probably a good value with all the improvements and the new calibre movement. I doubt we will see a rep of this, or a good one anyways.

MMA

5/10/10
Thanks jebus they lost the pin bracelet in favour of screws. Apparently the old gen is as bad as the rep.

LP640

18/1/09
Sexy watch, We'll probably see these around in a couple of months ! :0

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
OMG this! Seriously the first Omega I actually like!

omega_Planet_Ocean_chrono_blue_01.jpg

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
I was at an AD yesterday night trying one of these on (YES my AD has these already, but the offical launch is next month in Canada). The chrono models are $8K CDN and the non chrono start at 6K CDN....Beautiful watches, I dont know if I can justify that cost on what I see........................................yet :)

audace

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/11
Is the movement exposed or is the caseback not transparent? Might be a worthwhile rep to consider (assuming the factories produce this) if it's the latter

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
The caseback is exposed on this new PO. Price almost doubled for this, but IMHO it's worth it for once.

qsb5

Known Member
3/8/11
I was at an AD yesterday night trying one of these on (YES my AD has these already, but the offical launch is next month in Canada). The chrono models are $8K CDN and the non chrono start at 6K CDN....Beautiful watches, I dont know if I can justify that cost on what I see........................................yet :)

I was just at an Omega store yesterday myself, but the non-chrono goes for $4800 and the chrono is $6700 I think?

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Your prices sound off considering the current/old PO sells for just over $4k. Perhaps the price difference is a result of difference in currency. I am 100% about my numbers, I held and wrote the prices down for all of the following:

1. New PO with aluminum bezel (yes the new PO comes in aluminum and ceramic)
2. New PO with ceramic bezel (black model. Price will vary with different colours, example blue ceramic = more expensive)
3. New PO chRono

Prices were:
$6200 45mm ceramic
$6100 42mm ceramic
$6000 45mm aluminum (non ceramic)

$8000+ for chrono...

qsb5

Known Member
3/8/11
Your prices sound off considering the current/old PO sells for just over $4k. Perhaps the price difference is a result of difference in currency. I am 100% about my numbers, I held and wrote the prices down for all of the following:

2. New PO with ceramic bezel (black model. Price will vary with different colours, example blue ceramic = more expensive)
3. New PO chRono

Prices were:
$6200 45mm ceramic
$6100 42mm ceramic

$8000+ for chrono...

Hmm, thats definitely interesting. I'm pretty sure about these numbers as I was actually considering getting a gen instead of franken

42mm & 45mm ceramic (grey matte) $ 4800
42mm & 45mm (old) $ 3900

Don't think currency is a factor as I am in Canada as well. Did you get your prices from an AD or an actual Omega store. Regardless, it shouldnt be this different.. 6k is definitely too expensive. Not to mention Omega has specifically stated that 42 & 45mm will have the exact same price.

Are you on the east or west coast?

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08

3. New PO chRono

Prices were:
$6200 45mm ceramic
$6100 42mm ceramic

$8000+ for chrono...

This is the price I was quoted as well, except the chrono was more at $9.5-10K. They've put it into Daytona territory. I was quoted at Mayor's in Miami. They also noted that there would be a massive premium on them as the demand is much higher than the supply. He showed me the pre-order list for people who had already paid in full for the watch. 20 or so people.

Me thinks, once the chrono's get out into the wild, we will see them selling on Ebay for $12-15k.